• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Canada Vs USA

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The reputation of a company is built upon not only how few early failures are fielded but how they handle the ones that do.

IMO, YMMV, etc. - Don
Ding, Ding, Ding
This man is a winner, give him a kewpie doll

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Automatic Power Up and Automatic Power Down feature makes no sense to me as I can already do that both from the speaker and from the remote so why do I need a third way? Particularly since both pairs of Tuk's i've owned have randomly turned on many times. On my subwoofer it makes sense to have auto power on/off because it has no remote so having to physically turn it on and off every time would be a bit of a pain but on the Tuk's it just seems like tech for the sake of tech. A feature that would be far more useful instead would be an indicator showing volume level, although my Audioengine A5+ speakers don't show volume level either
Because most human beings forget things. If you forget to turn them off, they turn themselves off.
Quite a valuable feature for those that are not perfect and occasionally forget.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No i'm not talking about sports matchups (this is ASR after all) but two speaker companies-one hailing from Vancouver and the other, Austin. The similarities start there as both are desirable cities of similar sizes and the similarities continue with their products, pricing, specs and looks. Both companies were even founded the same year-2007

If you haven't figured it out yet i'm talking about Kanto and Audioengine. For me it all started with buying Kanto's desktop speaker stands as I own myriad desktop speakers but of course Audioengine also sell desktop speaker stands but as Kanto's were cheaper I went with theirs. Later on I found a great deal on a used set of Audioengine A5+ speakers so I grabbed them followed by a new Audioengine sub which I wanted so badly I paid full price for and still feel like I easily got my money's worth, finally culminating in a new pair of Kanto Tuk's. Even at a significant discount the Tuk's are the most expensive speakers i've ever owned and the most expensive speakers made by either company. As much as I like the Tuk's, they are so feature filled they're actually annoying, the owner's manual is 16 pages long! For a pair of speakers! The only other speakers I can imagine that are more complicated are the KEF LS50's. Comparatively the A5+ owner's manual is 9 pages long. In terms of sound and looks the Tuk's win but in terms of reliability Audioengine wins as i've never had any problems with either the A5+ speakers (even though I got them used) or the sub. The Tuk's on the other hand have already been replaced with a new set as the first set would occasionally power surge. Being Canadian myself i'd love to root for the home team but overall I'd have to give the victory to Audioengine even though the Tuk's look and sound better

Thoughts? Experiences?
Since when does the Audioengine company represent the USA? Does the US government own and operate Audioengine? And same question with Kanton and Canada.

Top Bottom