• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can your audio system be too transparent?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
He was allowed to post far too much before that action was taken. Just reading his first couple of posts back from July it was blatantly obvious he was a wind up merchant! Good that he's gone though, I read his posts non chronologically and it was like the end of a great book seeing him banned. Bravo.
I like to make stories !

Keeping these guys around helps , the way the community reacts is important. They serve us , it's just not obvious on the face of it .

BigJim79

I like to make stories !

Keeping these guys around helps , the way the community reacts is important. They serve us , it's just not obvious on the face of it .

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, I wasn't having a dig in terms of the duration he was allowed to continue, I just didn't like reading other decent members actually responding genuinely to his posts, until of course enough was enough.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And yet, we’re not overflowing with sexbombs.
Was he the person Miss Marple called sex bomb? Or was his handle in admiration of the ageing sultry sleuth?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
decent members actually responding
Yes , I value that dearly, it's actually what keeps me here doing this job . As long as that's the case no one with disingenuous intent can come here and ' win ' . We just need to keep on being big enough to see that

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, I wasn't having a dig in terms of the duration he was allowed to continue, I just didn't like reading other decent members actually responding genuinely to his posts, until of course enough was enough.
I rather enjoy it. I wonder how many are lurking, waiting for their time to be activated. Like a particularly irksome Jason Bourne.

I love it when they start saying "ill just listen to the graphs then" or "where in the graphs does it show the air, the deep timbre of woodwind?"

I should probably not feed them, but frankly I have very little life. Less so than them

BigJim79

I rather enjoy it. I wonder how many are lurking, waiting for their time to be activated. Like a particularly irksome Jason Bourne.

I love it when they start saying "ill just listen to the graphs then" or "where in the graphs does it show the air, the deep timbre of woodwind?"

I should probably not feed them, but frankly I have very little life. Less so than them

There's nothing wrong with painting someone into a corner and then delivering the necessary broadside. I did a lot of that as an investigator.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There's nothing wrong with painting someone into a corner and then delivering the necessary broadside. I did a lot of that as an investigator.
Ah, well, never said what my job was, other than pretty dull

Feanor

Forum Donor
NO, I want it all ...
  • Maximum transparency and
  • No crappy recordings
I gather that Guttenberg would like it the same way, but unlike him I'm not willing to compromise the best recordings to make the poor ones listenable.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Or cajole folks into thinking they are better than you like columbo, then strike and take them by surprise after they dropped their guard.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Just incase folks are wondering there's no such thing as ' our measurements' the work that's done here is based on recognised, respected and researched based measurement techniques that can be and indeed we encourage to be repeated ..

They represent the core values of high fidelity audio reproduction . They are not made up by ' us ' .

Top Bottom