• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you wall mount Elac Debut Reference speakers ?

Bsmooth

As I have said in another thread I'm looking for replacements for my old Paradigm Atoms. I have to say after reading the glowing review of these I'm surprised that not everyone has them. My issue is space. My whole living room is only about 10 ft 6 inches by 13 feet with the speakers on the short side.
So nothing on the floor, have to be wall mounted, Other thing is maybe the Elacs are too big for my room ? Other possibility is the Revel S16 wall mount speaker.
Any other suggestions for wall mount speakers, maybe slightly smaller ? I can give up the bass, already have a Dayton sub for that.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
To successfully wall mount speakers, they need to either be front ported or sealed designs. You can wall mount the Debut Reference and Revel S16, however performance will be affected by the near infinite baffle created by the wall. This may not be an issue of you have room correction capabilities, or even simple tone controls. The S16 is a wide directivity speaker. The DR is a controlled directivity speaker. Each is appropriate for different room types and/or personal preference.

If you like the KEF sound, the older Q100 is another decent choice for wall mounting. It is also a controlled directivity design. KEF designs in some anticipation of boundary effect, so bass should be more manageable without intervention.

Top Bottom