• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you pass as a British Citizen?

wgscott

That's a new word for me. But I don't seem to be able to find it in any dictionary...

It is a Greg Palast term

eg:

We can't define ourselves as the "anti-Bush," blindly supporting those he opposes, and thereby letting the nitwit Napoleon in the White House pick our enemies for us. Nor can our revulsion for Bush's horrors throw us into the arms of swamp-things like George Galloway.

Don't get me wrong. Unlike Hitchens, I cannot support the Prevaricator-in-Chief, the President who ordered Cindy Sheehan's son, Casey, to march to his death in Najaf. But I'll be damned if I'll cheer some rich white Brit-hole who brings joy to those who killed him.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I passed with 21 out of 24 correct! Whoopee! Missed the cricket one (I chose horse race) lol I hate sports, the patron saint one (atheist here lol), and the Nobel prize for literature winners.

20/20 on the U.S. one, which is good since I was born and raised here lol

Last edited:

Dogen

Forum Donor
Pass with 20 out of 24. If a similar test were given to qualify as a US citizen, I think there would be a mass exodus.

Djsedaw

23/24, but I don't think the questions reflect modern British life very well, more that the government seems to be in some kind of colonial fantasy when the empire ripped off the rest of the world

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
22/24. Does this mean I have to regrow my foreskin?

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tend to think that people are often a lot more switched on than politicians and the media like to believe and concern themselves with stuff which is slightly more relevant to their lives than the stuff governments dream up. Not that there is no shortage of dim people, but it is a standard staple of the outraged to feel good about how much more clever they are than the great unwashed. Not that I'm a cynic or anything.

ripvw

Forum Donor
as someone said - mostly common sense:

Your result
Pass
Congratulations, you’ve passed! You got 23 out of 24 correct.

it does help to be a fan of the BBC shows on PBS...

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Finally took it. Never thought I’d pass.

20/24. I feel lucky and a bit more British ;)

cjfrbw

Everything that happened after the Magna Carta is irrelevant.

bugbob

19/24 on the UK, and as per below on Australia - I can't decide where to go.

ps. growing up/living in Canada ( a former British colony ) helps with these tests.

Phil

Your score: 9 / 10
You passed!

A score of 75% is needed on the citizenship test to pass. Welcome new Australian citizen!

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
D117CD73-EDBC-443E-BD8B-148747DC6DBF.png

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
23/24 but only because I've never owned a dog. UK citizen of 48 years.

To be honest we'll let anyone in if they donate enough money to a political party.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
22/24. But I am already a British citizen so that may be cheating, though I haven't been in the country for 35 years ... ;-)

I got the question about dog walking wrong and one about British values or something. They never had any values when I lived there so it's certainly gone downhill in the last few decades ...

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if you pass the test, do your teeth fall out?

Top Bottom