• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you pass as a British Citizen?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Meghan Markle may be marrying into the British royal family but if she wants to be a Brit, the Queen’s future granddaughter-in-law still has to pass the same citizenship test as anyone else.

The American actress will need to correctly answer at least 18 out of 24 questions on a range of topics about life in the United Kingdom.

Could you pass? Test your knowledge with a selection of the questions to see how you’d fare.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2018/04/europe/meghan-markle-uk-citizenship-test/index.html

-----
I took the test and got 17 out of 24 right. I failed by just one answer! Darn. I guess I have to stick with my American citizenship. :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I squeaked in with 18/24.

I have a fallback, though, probably eligible for an Irish passport, via paternal grandfather...

I have a cousin who got one and lives in Italy.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I took the test and got 17 out of 24 right. I failed by just one answer! Darn. I guess I have to stick with my American citizenship. :D
I only got 11 but I bet you used google. ;)

Cosmik

Major Contributor
A large proportion of UK-born citizens would definitely not pass this test!

Wombat

Master Contributor
23/24 Diamond or platinum?

Thomas, no cheating.

What happened to the 'how often do the English bathe' and 'how long is a cricket pitch' questions I heard in school? ;) Blame the Oirish in me. :rolleyes:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Maybe Wallace Simpson failed the test.

blackmetalboon

21/24. Wasn’t really interested in the Queens Jubilee, no idea about the Nobel Prize for literature and I prefer cats to dogs.

I could guarantee that every English person in my department at work would fail this.

Wombat

Master Contributor
UKIP is watching. :eek:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
23/24, some of the questions and answers were weird, I have no idea which one I got wrong.

Wombat

Master Contributor

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Only 17 for me. I would have done better if there were some questions about Nigel Farage.

Top Bottom