• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can we discuss the BMR Tower?

OP
B

blestin

They are still ugly, so no improvement there, I'm afraid. Do they come with a full length grille?
They come with a 2pc grill that covers the tweeter/mid and woofer separately. I guess they wont win any beauty contests.

muad

They come with a 2pc grill that covers the tweeter/mid and woofer separately. I guess they wont win any beauty contests.
I thought they were talking about redoing the grills? I guess dennis will weigh in on this. Imo they look nice apart from the grills...

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As far as the cabinetry goes my wife says she'd gladly welcome this into her living room. Grills could always be customized to suit individual tastes.

1617599018235-png.3119210

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I think they are gorgeous. I’d never put a grill on them.

The lovely timber cabinet certainly does look very impressive and has a great shape. It's the mismatched and oddly spaced drivers I can't deal with.

Perhaps some vertical on and off axis plots will be interesting. MTM/D'Appolito is not exactly renowned for consistency there.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Compared to most speakers, they're just as "pretty" IMO, if not more so. Then again only so much you can do with the form factor....and if it sounds good who gives a f***?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The lovely timber cabinet certainly does look very impressive and has a great shape. It's the mismatched and oddly spaced drivers I can't deal with.
Perhaps some vertical on and off axis plots will be interesting. MTM/D'Appolito is not exactly renowned for consistency there.
As I like seeing the drivers I would consider covering a part of the front around the drivers with black leather like for example some Sonus Faber:

1.jpg

Would also love to see a full spinorama of these.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I would consider covering a part of the front around the drivers with black leather like some older Sonus Faber

I agree, those Sonus Fabers looked fabulous didn't they?

1618989464465.png

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
As I like seeing the drivers I would consider covering a part of the front around the drivers with black leather like for example some Sonus Faber:

View attachment 125353

My goodness they are beautiful.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My goodness they are beautiful.
Oh yes, one of the very few high end loudspeakers where I wouldn't care if the measurements aren't as perfect as they could be for the price as it would be a big joy to watch them every day.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Oh yes, one of the very few high end loudspeakers where I wouldn't care if the measurements aren't as perfect as they could be for the price as it would be a big joy to watch them every day.

I just went down the Sonus Faber hole on their website looking at new models. *drool*

I remember hearing the range first back in the early 2000s and was extremely impressed. They were expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as they are now.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

We should have independent spinorama measurements soon. I understand @hardisj (Erin’s Audio Corner) has or is getting one to measure.

Martin

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

View attachment 125353

I had demoed the Olympica 2 a couple of years ago (list $7500). Gorgeous speakers indeed, the woodwork and design is fantastic.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Top Bottom