• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can there be an option to avoid confirming "Mark Forums Read"

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
It is an unnecessary bother to me.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It does that since there is no "undo." I can hack the software to remove it but it will be the case for all users unfortunately. So let's have a few others chime in to see if anyone else thinks otherwise.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I doubt if many are as lazy as I am.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some sites used to have an option where the software automatically marked all forums read some time after you visited the site, but I don't think it was user settable.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Some sites used to have an option where the software automatically marked all forums read some time after you visited the site, but I don't think it was user settable.
Yes but that is not what I am asking about. I appreciate being able to mark all forums read at my option. It is the additional confirmation of that choice that I find unnecessary.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yes but that is not what I am asking about. I appreciate being able to mark all forums read at my option. It is the additional confirmation of that choice that I find unnecessary.
It does give the user making a accidental click a second chance to decide for sure. I believe things as such are useful. If possible, creating a switch to disable the feature would be OK but isn't this much ado about nothing Kal?

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
It does give the user making a accidental click a second chance to decide for sure. I believe things as such are useful. If possible, creating a switch to disable the feature would be OK but isn't this much ado about nothing Kal?
Sure but I never make misnakes.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Some sites have the additional prompt, some don't. I'd prefer they be consistent, either way. And I'd prefer the "auto mark all read", or "use the last visited date as the starting point to search for new posts from" features to be disabled. Quite often I visit a site and realise I don't have time to read all the new posts I'm interested in. I'd like to be able to come back at a later date and try again.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Could I offer ya'll a little cheese with your whine? LOL ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom