• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can the headband padding of the headphones be replaced?

ThomsBrown92

Hi, as far as I know the earpads/earpads are removable in any case and on all headphones.

I would like to know if, with a little research, there are sorry pieces not of bearings but of padding for the headphone model headband, in case the original one is removable.

I ask about these 3 models:
-Anker Soundcore Life Q35
-Anker Soundcore Space Q45
- Akg N700NC M2
- Bose quietcomfort 35 II 2018

solderdude

Grand Contributor
You can contact the manufacturer and ask if they sell headbands or padding as spare parts.
Some do (Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic amongst a few), most don't.
Sometimes replacements can be found on Chinese websites for specific models.

An option is to wrap some aftermarket covers around it.
Plenty different dimensions of covers like the one shown below and knitted ones exist.
Schermafdruk van 2023-01-15 12-17-11.png

I 'solved' it sometimes (when the whole headband can be removed/disassembled) like shown below with a cable sheath.
refurb SRH440 kl.JPG

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, as far as I know the earpads/earpads are removable in any case and on all headphones.

I would like to know if, with a little research, there are sorry pieces not of bearings but of padding for the headphone model headband, in case the original one is removable.

I ask about these 3 models:
-Anker Soundcore Life Q35
-Anker Soundcore Space Q45
- Akg N700NC M2
- Bose quietcomfort 35 II 2018
I've had the Anker Q35 and if you just want the easiest way to go, it's one of these zipper style black headbands that go on several models.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks, in your experience it must necessarily be for that model ?
It just has to fit, with the length and thickness as the model it's for. On Amazon they have replacement headbands with those measurements, so you could compare it's size to some other ones. If the replacement band gives measurements, just cut paper the same size to see which headphones you have it'll wrap around.

Top Bottom