• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can someone outline the signal chain for an active 3 way system using dsp crossovers and room correction?

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So I have magnapan tympani speakers, an Octo dac8 pro, 2 channels of nc1200 amplification for the bottom, and purifi for the mid and treble. I plan to start with a mac mini feeding the Octo dac via usb. I want stream my own local music files and Amazon prime music to the dac, with both dsp crossovers and room correction. I have used the amazon music app and as well as plex and sonos to stream using a sonos system. I am wondering what the signal chain should be? Would I use something like plex to access the music files, then somehow route them through something like jriver which would do the crossovers and room correction and then out the mac mini to the dac or ???? Thanks for any insight.

Top Bottom