• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can somebody check for me if Sony Music app on Sony Xperia plays hi-res audio on DAC with the correct frequency/depth?

DrGogu

I don’t have a DAC, but I really want to find out if the Sony Music app outputs the correct frequency without downsampling. I can’t find the answer anywhere. There is a common claim that Android downsamples to 48 KHz, but Android 10 and above has full hi-res audio support (24+/192 kHz) per Google. I’d appreciate it if somebody performs this test on a supported Xperia device running Android 10 or above.

For the record, I’m using Xperia 10 II, Sony claims supports Hi-Res and I can get 192 KHz on USB Audio Pro, but since I’m using wired headphones, I can’t tell when I am using the Music App.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Saidera

Doesn't the Xperia 10 II had DSEE Extreme? In which case wouldn't all audio be upconverted to 32/192 via AI?

OP
D

DrGogu

Doesn't the Xperia 10 II had DSEE Extreme? In which case wouldn't all audio be upconverted to 32/192 via AI?
What if that is set to off? I wonder if somebody can test the Sony Music app with a DAC.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Latest version of Roon "ARC" player says it will install a USB driver and run bit-exact. So it is possible.

FYI I am getting a Sony Xperia 5 mark IV soon so I can test on that.

OP
D

DrGogu

Latest version of Roon "ARC" player says it will install a USB driver and run bit-exact. So it is possible.

FYI I am getting a Sony Xperia 5 mark IV soon so I can test on that.
Great, looking forward to know what you find out!

Would appreciate if you test Qobuz as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom