• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can miniDSP room correction be used with Matrix Streamers?

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I would like to enter the world of room eq with my Matrix Element P unit. Reading the miniDSP site it appears that the source (the streamer) needs to input the signal into the miniDSP unit and then out to the device actually making the music, like an integrated amp. Because the streamer is built into the Matrix products it does not appear that this system could be used. Am I missing something? If this is correct are their other ways to accomplish room eq with Matrix products? Thanks

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could use the SHD Studio but it would need to be used as the streamer using digital out to digital in on the Matrix. It looks like the P is an integrated amp with DAC and streaming. The only output I see is speaker terminals.

OP
E

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You could use the SHD Studio but it would need to be used as the streamer using digital out to digital in on the Matrix. It looks like the P is an integrated amp with DAC and streaming. The only output I see is speaker terminals.
Thanks, yes the only outputs are speaker terminals. Using the ELAC ref DBR62 speakers the sound is very good but a bit raw.

Top Bottom