• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can Khadas Tone Board take I2S input?

Arvind

Can Khadas Tone Board take I2S input? KTB manual shows pin out for various connections. 10 pin FPC socket as well as 40 pin header have I2S pins. Though I am not clear that these headers can receive I2S signals.

Can KTB be used as I2S DAC? Please enlighten me.

Silou

I think this exact question was answered by the Khadas staff at the Khadas forum. You might want to take a look there.

Sekenenz

Here you can find a complete discussion in the official Khadas forum.

Veri

Master Contributor
If you mean the typical consumer HDMI kind of I2S, no. As shown in linked topic above, I2S interface is available on the 30PIN FPC connector. Perhaps there exists a DIY kinda bridge to interface that over HDMI.

OP
Arvind

Arvind

If you mean the typical consumer HDMI kind of I2S, no. As shown in linked topic above, I2S interface is available on the 30PIN FPC connector. Perhaps there exists a DIY kinda bridge to interface that over HDMI.
I wish to extract DSD signals by using device like shown below decode using KTB. This extractor outputs I2S signals through 6 pin connectors besides over lvds hdmi type connector.

Screenshot_2019-07-15-13-50-53-50.png

Veri

Master Contributor
I think you'd best ask the question in khadas' forum. But for sure you need some diy experience, doesn't sound like an easy thing to do lol

Top Bottom