• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can I use the Allo's DigiOne Signature for audio streaming from the Internet?

NoobMD

If I hook up a network cable to the R-45 jack of the DigiOne Signature Player, then can I have iTunes (or Tidal) music streamed to my speakers or headphones? Of course, there will be a DAC in the chain. In this setting, the audio signal can pass my MacBook Pro or iPad? Thank you.

NoobMD

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It would depend on the OS you are running with the Digione. You could use Airplay for example with most of them. I am not sure Tidal supports remote playback though. I use Tidal through Roon player which then works with remote streaming.

OP
N

NoobMD

It would depend on the OS you are running with the Digione. You could use Airplay for example with most of them. I am not sure Tidal supports remote playback though. I use Tidal through Roon player which then works with remote streaming.

Thank you, Amirm. I was thinking using the digione signature with the DietPi. But, if it is too hassle to set up a remote playback streaming network, then can dedicated hardware be a better choice? What do you recommend for a dedicated network streamer under 1.5K?

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

noobie1

I have the Digione with Volumio. I am able to stream from tidal app or Qobuz app on my phone directly to the digione via airplay or UPNP. I can also stream from my MacBook via airplay or UPNP. Very straightforward.

OP
N

NoobMD

I have the Digione with Volumio. I am able to stream from tidal app or Qobuz app on my phone directly to the digione via airplay or UPNP. I can also stream from my MacBook via airplay or UPNP. Very straightforward.

That sounds interesting. Do you know if there is any difference between the different versions of RPi OS?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Do you know if there is any difference between the different versions of RPi OS?
I have used DietPi and Volumio. DietPi is slow to boot but supports Roon endpoint which is important to me. Volumio has a nicer interface but only supports airplay for Roon which truncated to 16 bits.

Krunok

Major Contributor
OP
N

NoobMD

I have used DietPi and Volumio. DietPi is slow to boot but supports Roon endpoint which is important to me. Volumio has a nicer interface but only supports airplay for Roon which truncated to 16 bits.

This helps! Thank you.

Krunok

Major Contributor
SSH access must be enabled via dev interface before you'll be able to connect. It is a 1 click procedure described here.

Top Bottom