• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can I use EQAPO when I connect the Mini sp to my PC?

reficver

I inquired about this to minidsp, but I haven't received a reply yet.
I have a question for those who use these DSPs (if I had it, I would test it out, but I haven't purchased it yet).
There are a few things I am curious about.
I would appreciate it if anyone with experience and knowledge of this could let me know.

1. What does the Mini sp look like when connected to a PC? Is it displayed as an audio device (like any other typical DAC)?
2. Is it possible to apply EQ, FIR filter, VST plugin, etc. using Equalizer APO on the minidsp marked as a device(Whole Channel-Such As 3Channel(Speaker1, Speaker2, Sub1)?

Of course, I know that I can load basic PEQ and fir filters within the dsp of the minidsp. But I was reluctant because of the tap restriction in the fir filter.
But if what I'm imagining is possible, I try to buy Dsp without hesitation. Of course, I know about Dirac Live and I used it as a trial version. However, I enjoy designing and testing FIR filters myself and I would like to use them like that.(65536~131072taps)

It would be great if what I imagined became a reality.

PC(EqualizerAPO) -- FIR filter or VST plugin load
---
Minidsp -- Basic IIR PEQ , Delay and Crossover, Gain

staticV3

Master Contributor
Could you please send a link to the exact miniDSP model that you're talking about?

Top Bottom