• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can anyone identify what Plug Type this is

fdnyfish

I'm looking to find out what type of plug is on the top.

The bottom is a standard USB mini plug, the top looks like a USB Mini, but does not fit in any USB Mini female plugs I have.

I'm trying to track this down for a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1729.PNG
    IMG_1729.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 73

Pat

I'm looking to find out what type of plug is on the top.

The bottom is a standard USB mini plug, the top looks like a USB Mini, but does not fit in any USB Mini female plugs I have.

I'm trying to track this down for a friend.
Looks like a proprietary plug, many camera manufacturers in the 00s used to do that, thankfully it seems to have died out. I presume there's a regular USB A connector on the other end?

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
mini USB

OP
F

fdnyfish

Looks like a proprietary plug, many camera manufacturers in the 00s used to do that, thankfully it seems to have died out. I presume there's a regular USB A connector on the other end?
The other end is a RJ11 6 pin phone connector

Jds81

The other end is a RJ11 6 pin phone connector
RJ11 not RJ45? Loads of odd console cables out there for programming network equipment. Or maybe to teclo testing tool?
Edit: RJ45 would be 8 pair, so likely not the network thing

G|force

Forum Donor
@fdnyfish - My Canon DSLR has a miniature USB that is shaped like that. It doesn't fit anything else I have, just that camera body. Your example may be proprietary to the hardware that it makes with. Hope that helps. :)

sam_adams

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Also a possibility because of the RJ-11 on the other end:

image2016-4-7%2022%3A20%3A45.png

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems a poor comment on our society when we have mismatched cords for same purpose.....fucking crap shit assholes!

Top Bottom