• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can anybody identify this song ?

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the song that plays in the background of this video from 1:45 to 9:40.
I find it beautiful and relaxing, and I'd love to listen to it more closely.
I would shazam it, but the guy from the video just won't shut up!!

Thanks in advance. :)

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

I have contacted the guy from No Theme Reviews.
He has kindly told me that it's a song from one of these two royalty-free websites : bensound.com or https://freemusicarchive.org
It's easy to check on both sites, given the song is about 7:55 long.
Unfortunately after a thorough check, the song doesn't appear in either of them. :(
So I guess it must have been deleted since march 2019.
If anybody has a clue...

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
If the guy would shut up for 10 seconds, I could have gotten SoundHound to figure it out. How did you watch that whole thing?

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

By closing my eyes and relaxing to the music. :p
Like I said in my OP, I already tried Shazam and Soundhound.
But aside from the guy talking all the time, the real problem is that it's a royalty-free song.
So I doubt that Shazam or Soundhound can ever identify it anyway.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I like his choice for a song title (or lesson).

Now to decide whether I want to be manipulated.

---

"I find it especially disturbing if, when the band is walking onto the stage to get the equipment ready, a musician cranks off a tiny, unaccompanied 'solo-ette' in order to draw attention to himself while piddling with his amplifier.

In Norway, we have played several times in a place called the Drammenshallen, or, as band vets refer to it: the Drammin-drammin-drammin-drammin-hollin-hollin-hollin-hollin. The last time we performed there was in the fall of 1984.

Some months before that date, Ike had used the word 'spoo' -- roughly the equivalent of jizz -- in a conversation. I don't know where it came from, or if he made it up. In any event, 'spoo' turned out to be 'the mystery word' onstage that night.

When we came back to do the encore, Ike arrived first, and was kneeling down in front of his amplifier, doing kind of a low-rent Jimi Hendrix "wee-wee-wee-wee." As I walked out and witnessed this act of near desperation, I said "Spoo!" to him -- he got it right away. [Translation: "You're jerking off in front of your amplifier, Dr. Willis, and I know it."]"

- The Real Frank Zappa Book

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor
I have contacted the guy from No Theme Reviews.
He has kindly told me that it's a song from one of these two royalty-free websites : bensound.com or https://freemusicarchive.org
It's easy to check on both sites, given the song is about 7:55 long.
Unfortunately after a thorough check, the song doesn't appear in either of them. :(
So I guess it must have been deleted since march 2019.
If anybody has a clue...
If you like, you can "remove" the vocal out of the review clip. I did this with "wavosaur" and it does remove the vocal but the "ooohhhhh" sound is still there which is good. I did find the whole volume was reduced somewhat. Unfortunately like you found out, I searched using a music search site by uploading a portion of the clip but it was not recognized. Did not use shazam coz I was on a computer and I it seems that shazam is an app for mobile phones... I could be wrong about this though.

ps: I was excited for you when @Jimbob54 said he found the sound clip but alas I was disappointed :p

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Thanks raif71. Maybe you could post your wavosaur version here so we can hear it. I mean, it's better than nothing, right? :)
Plus maybe I could use Shazam on it and find something (yes, it's a phone app).

raif71

Major Contributor
Thanks raif71. Maybe you could post your wavosaur version here so we can hear it. I mean, it's better than nothing, right? :)
Plus maybe I could use Shazam on it and find something (yes, it's a phone app).

Here you go. I had to zip the wav file before sending. Also had to shorten the clip otherwise the file will be too large to send. What is the usual file size limit, anyone ?

Attachments

• nighthawkclip.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 73
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Thanks ! As expected, Shazam wasn't able to recognize anything. I believe it's because it's not a commercial song.
As for your wavosaur version, it's surprisingly good for a vocal suppression algorithm. Although it can't really be used for Hi-Fi listening, lol.

Robin L

Master Contributor
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

AAAAAAAAAAH, FOUND IT !!! :D:D:D:D:D

The guy from No Theme Reviews kept on searching on his own, finally found it, and was kind enough to email me.
I suggest you pay his channel a good visit. Would it be only for his kindness, he deserves it. Not to mention his nice reviews. ;)

I had completely given up hope on this song, which I will now be listening to repeatedly on my Nighthawks. I am SO HAPPY now ! :)

Never give up ! :cool:

Top Bottom