• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge DacMagic Plus service manual

stoelegaard

Any one know where to find the service manual for the Cambridge DacMagic Plus
Found it for the DacMagic (without plus) however the component names are different.

In mine the Voltage doubler for -15VDC has failed I guess the Electrolyte has dried out.
So I want to change all the electrolytes for the +-15VDC supply and need the correct "C"-numbers

/stoelegaard

OP
S

stoelegaard

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You are right and did also contact them before posting here.
Cambridge will not help me...
That doesn't surprise me. Most outfits don't want users poking around inside the case. It's a shame it's this way, however if still under warranty it might be worth sending back for service. If not? At the price point then it's probably just as well to get something new.

FWIW I have a two year old (I'm, guessing--might be three) DACmag+ in a closet somewhere. The blue LED lights showing the sources stopped glowing. So you don't know the settings. I mean, how they cheaped out on something like an LED is pathetic, IMO. That told me all I need to know about the 'quality' of the organization.

OP
S

stoelegaard

What DAC should I look at 2-3coax, 1USB and 2-3optical input would be nice?

forart.it

Bump.

Hi everyone, I've just opened a friend DACM+ for a friend that seems have both USB and XMOS chips dead (no inputs works).

The USB receiver is SMSC USB3320C but XMOS has just "C5" on it: does anyone know the model ?

Here's a (bad quality, taken by smartphone) pic:

Attachments

• DACMagic_USB.jpg
    DACMagic_USB.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom