• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge DAC Magic 100 and Foobar2000 latest Update

looks61

Hello All,
I have my audio system hooked up through a Laptop using a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100. After Foobar2000's ( Recommended by Cambridge Audio ) last update I am getting too much Bass and no matter
what I do with Foobar2000's EQ, I still get a muffled sound or too much Bass with a little change in sound quality. I have gone back Downloading the old version of
Foobar2000 but I get sound with static.
Can I use Foobar2000 Wasapi, and if so will it solve my problem? Please advise.

Sincerely,
Looks 61

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Try connecting the DAC to a different laptop with Foobar2000. Reinstall the DAC magic 100 driver. I have the magic 100 but on an ancient laptop running Linux. Half the LEDs are dead but still turns on and works 24/7. Ocassionally needs to be reset/turned off-on as its running all day everyday.

OP
L

looks61

Thanks so much for getting back to me! The laptop my audio system is connected to now is about 8 or 9 years old. Do you mean to forget
using this laptop altogether and use another one? Please advise.

OP
L

looks61

yes, I believe so... Am not very savvy with computers, but the latest DM 100 Firmware and fubar2000 are on there. I've taken them off and downloaded them a few times. if that's what you mean?! Thank You

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I mean to say you should try isolating the issue. Testing it on a different laptop with a different installation version of foobar would help with that.

OP
L

looks61

Again thanks very much for getting back to me! I will do that tonight!!

Top Bottom