• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Packaging Wanted/Questions About DacMagic

Gordon Tanner

I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. If it isn't, Amir, please feel free to delete it.

I recently bought a used Cambridge Audio DacMagic (the original one, not a DacMagic Plus or DacMagic 100). The guy who sold it to me didn't have the original box and packaging, so I'd like to ask that if there's someone on here that has the original box and packaging for a Cambridge Audio DacMagic, would you be willing to sell it to me for a reasonable price? If so, please send me a private message. Thanks.

The DacMagic seems to work well, but I haven't been able to find any objective testing on it. I know that Amir tested the DacMagic Plus, but I don't know if the two are sonically, or in terms of specs, similar, although I assume they probably are. So does anyone know of any objective testing that's been done on the DacMagic and/or has had any personal experience with it? Please let me know. Thanks.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have personal experience with mine. It is not hugely different from my Oppo DAC - haven't done listening tests to see how different exactly.

Dunno know if the + has a new circuit design or layout or just vol. knob.

OP
G

Gordon Tanner

Do you like yours? I haven't gotten around to doing any serious listening tests on mine yet. And would you be willing to sell me the packaging for yours? :)

Top Bottom