• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless you really needed the screen, I would think the MXN10 would be a better choice, especially given the difference in price.
Yeah, my screen is only useful when people want to know what is playing, and Roon can project the now playing image on any chromecast-enabled TV.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And while I don’t need a screen, every now and then it is useful to have a mechanical volume control. My wife certainly thinks so.

biglebowski

Forum Donor
Cambridge is starting to tease a CXN 100. To be presented on February 1st

1706799904545.png

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 346588
Not sure whether a “stunning” DAC is a positive.

I’m missing the improvements outside of inaudible DAC changes.

Leo_Torres

Forum Donor
Can the CXN V2 be used as a preamp? (Connected via XLR to 2 poweramps as monoblocks)
Would it make sense today to buy it for 650-700 €?

aikofan

Can the CXN V2 be used as a preamp? (Connected via XLR to 2 poweramps as monoblocks)
Would it make sense today to buy it for 650-700 €?
I used mine as a preamp connected a stereo power amp and a sub. Now I use it to drive powered monitors, but in both cases used the CXN to control volume for the system.

Alexx

Just released and available in Italy, price 1049 euros.

Price of the CXN V2 999 euros..... basically the same.

I imagine in the next few days the V2 will drop otherwise there would be no point

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Only interesting thing could be if there is no forced pcm 384khz upsampling, and higher DSD rates (hqplayer) .

But I really like my CXN V2.. solid unit. Never a issue at all with it :)

Bumer

I’m interested in getting one. All the reviews in every forum about this streamer was great.

Came across this that also includes the AXC35 CD player and AXR100 amp

How is the AXR100 amp? Anyone has any experience? Has it been reviewed here? Couldn’t find it though. The reviews says it has a warm and laidback sound. In what respect?

I’ll be using it to drive KEF Q750. Anything to be concerned about?

JustCoolin‘

Bit disappointed by the 3rd version of the CXN - I had it on my general radar because sooner or later, I want something with a screen (again, coming from a Squeezebox Touch oinks ago). I was hoping they'd bring it more in line with their EVO amps, with a big, flush 7inch screen.

Top Bottom