• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge Analytica files for bankruptcy amidst “siege” of negative attention

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This ain't good:

1526701306435.png

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In other words, following the Blackwater-> XE -> Academi model.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Good luck to anyone that can make some marketable sense out of my online habits.

Last week I bought one spark plug, an NGK DR9EIX, if that counts.

It definitely counts where I put it, I don't think I've ever had an actual plug failure before.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I hope that was for a single cylinder engine and not your stingyness refusing to tune up the engine with a full set of plugs. :eek:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I hope that was for a single cylinder engine and not your stingyness refusing to tune up the engine with a full set of plugs.

That was one plug (of 4) for my two-wheeled rice burner.

I assumed it was lack of use (again) carburetion troubles, but it turned out not to be. Cleanup/rebuild last year:

1526869517156.png

Went through the same routine (no parts, though), but it didn't fix my problem. The plug sparked when hanging against the head. Dumping some fuel in the vacuum port didn't make that cylinder fire, so, tried an old standard plug, it worked, and bought a new one - Iridium tipped, not stingy.

1526870157639.png

Similar plugs in the 4-wheeled rice burning car went 130,000 miles (19 years) before I changed them (four years ago), just for good luck, during a major maintenance period.

Last edited:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good luck to anyone that can make some marketable sense out of my online habits.
I feel the same. They don't have the context about why I'm doing anything online, and without that they really don't know much about me, despite the large amount of data they have.
There used to be an browser add-on, probably still is, that downloaded the top 1000 search terms and then spammed Google with them in the background so it looked to them that you were interested in those things, corrupting their datasets. Off course they might have just worked out that you are the sort of person who uses odd privacy extensions.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor

It definitely counts where I put it, I don't think I've ever had an actual plug failure before.

Sense, nonsense, they sell it anyway. ;)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Wow :oops:, weird first post on a near enough 4yr old dead thread.

I look forward to your second post ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I still don't understand why people are so offended when data about their online behavior is provided to advertising agencies and other companies.
If you enjoy getting unrequested phonecalls, email, and snail-mail from God knows who, enjoy.

Top Bottom