• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Calculate amp power for target SPL at a distance - assumptions/compromise/datasheet

D

Deleted member 48726

This 100%. You need both more and less power than you expect.
No. Both can't be true. If you use less average power than you think but need way more peak power than you think, then you actually need what power the peak tells you. Plus extra headroom.

OP
J

jmf11

Second step question that popped to my mind. I understand the principle for rull range operation. What happens if the Frequency range is split in two: low / high?

How to factor the allocated frequency range in the process?

JMF

Seems that my above question is not so relevant from the additional digging I have made. The important is the voltage applied to be able to achieve the dynamic range needed / SPL. This is the driver. So ratio between Woofer and Tweeter is only driven by their respective sensitivities.

JMF

Top Bottom