• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buzzing noise when my PC uses the internet

accountorsomething

Had this issue for quite a while now, setup is as follows:

Wall socket > PC > Headphones
And
WS > PC > USB DAC (Sonata HD Pro) > Amp (L30) > Headphones

The amp is connected to a separate socket.

In both of these cases theres rather very audible cracking and buzzing when any app starts using my Ethernet connection, the issue lies on the computer since simply unplugging the DAC from the PC and using my phone with the rest untouched provides no buzzing.

PSU is probably the cause given it came with a 20$ case, generates noticeable static electricity on all the metal components (keyboard, case, headphones) sometimes even giving electric shocks when touching metal. Its probably more of a fire hazard at this point.

Does anyone have input on the matter and if changing the PSU should do the trick?

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
300$ seems overkill, I'm guessing a 80$ for 500W one should do?
Depends on what you have inside. What's your CPU, GFX card?
Hard drives?
How many fans?

The amount of money for a 500W is appropriate. How much wattage do you need?

OP
A

accountorsomething

Depends on what you have inside. What's your CPU, GFX card?
Hard drives?
How many fans?

The amount of money for a 500W is appropriate. How much wattage do you need?
Pentium 4400 with 1050ti and one SSD, I'm aware that money would probably give me 600W+ but I don't know of any reputable enough models bellow that price. Yeah getting a new PC all together would probably be even more cost effective but don't have the money for that ATM and id rather not break my DT 880's right after I got them.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pentium 4400 with 1050ti and one SSD, I'm aware that money would probably give me 600W+ but I don't know of any reputable enough models bellow that price. Yeah getting a new PC all together would probably be even more cost effective but don't have the money for that ATM and id rather not break my DT 880's right after I got them.

Something like that is perfectly fine

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-...rds=SilverStone+ET550-B&qid=1608583637&sr=8-1

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
Silverstone is a good brand as well. Gets my approval as an old OEM PC builder.

Top Bottom