• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buying Advice DAC / ADC in Gaming PC

Paulepan

Dear community,

I am relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio and am looking for a good solution for myself. It's about a DAC/ADC for my gaming PC. It can be internal or external. I only use a headset (Beyerdynamic MMX300, 32 Ohm) and only listen in stereo obviously. However, I would like to have the best possible playback, a strong amp and a good feed for the microphone. The latter is especially important to me for Discord, as my onboard is awful. ASIO support would also be nice, as I use Voicemeeter. Currently I'm using the Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S, which I'm already very happy with. The ADC sounds great compared to the onboard. Still, I would like to see a bit more power.

So far, I've shortlisted the EVGA Nu Audio Pro. Unfortunately, it is currently nowhere to buy. A USB interface would also be fine, I had the AG03 for a short time, but was not so happy with the playback. The bass has here mighty overdriven (if that is the right term).

Maybe someone still has a tip for me?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Dear community,

I am relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio and am looking for a good solution for myself. It's about a DAC/ADC for my gaming PC. It can be internal or external. I only use a headset (Beyerdynamic MMX300, 32 Ohm) and only listen in stereo obviously. However, I would like to have the best possible playback, a strong amp and a good feed for the microphone. The latter is especially important to me for Discord, as my onboard is awful. ASIO support would also be nice, as I use Voicemeeter. Currently I'm using the Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S, which I'm already very happy with. The ADC sounds great compared to the onboard. Still, I would like to see a bit more power.

So far, I've shortlisted the EVGA Nu Audio Pro. Unfortunately, it is currently nowhere to buy. A USB interface would also be fine, I had the AG03 for a short time, but was not so happy with the playback. The bass has here mighty overdriven (if that is the right term).

Welcome Aboard @Paulepan.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dear community,
Schiit Fulla 3 USB DAC/amp.
For FPS gaming (headphone surround sound), Creative Labs G6 USB sound card.

OP
P

Paulepan

Thank you for the recommendations. Creative unfortunately doesn't shine very much when it comes to mic input. I want to add an XLR mic later and would need an interface then as well.

What about a Motu M2 and the VXLR+ adapter that converts Phantom to plugin power?

3125b

Major Contributor
An interface seems a logical choice then. The Motu M2 and M4 are good without a doubt, see reviews on this site for example.
If you want a more powerful headphone amp, the new Audient id4 MKII and iD 14 MKII would offer that at the cost of higher output impedance, Julian Krause has a review of those (among many other interfaces).
The VXLR+ adapter is the right choice if you want to use your current headset with an interface. If you are looking to upgrade to an XLR mic later, it's not necessary to spend a lot of money to get something decent. Placement and the right directivity for your use case are important.

Top Bottom