• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bushfire Christmas

Wombat

Master Contributor
Don't worry, children, Santa will deliver:

80090525_2529716117083123_3960211961492275200_n.png

Last edited:
OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

I was in the Australian, Vietnam-war service call-up lottery in 1965. My 'marble' put me into the indefinitely deferred category. Even so, I find your flippant(movie- sourced) remark offensive and callous with the respect to the suffering caused by napalm.

untitled.png

This girl survived with over 30% of her body inflicted with third-degree burns because the photographer had contacts. What a dreadful weapon.

http://www.apimages.com/metadata/In...alm-1972/e674e44489a54fbca89b41a7d821b89e/1/1

This is her now:

napalm-girl-burn-scars.jpg

Read some history instead of mangas and be educated.

Or maybe you can get your jollies over white phosphorus.

Last edited:

q3cpma

Major Contributor
My my, aren't we thin-skinned.

Protip: I can quote a movie AND find the Vietnam war a bad thing at once, don't take offense when there was none given.

Anyway, I don't have time for an "internet fight" with a self-righteous guy that can honestly say some stuff like "Read some history instead of mangas and be educated." to someone he's only met through a couple of forum posts.

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
My my, aren't we thin-skinned.

Protip: I can quote a movie AND find the Vietnam war a bad thing at once, don't take offense when there was none given.

Anyway, I don't have time for an "internet fight" with a self-righteous guy that can honestly say some stuff like "Read some history instead of mangas and be educated." to someone he's only met through a couple of forum posts.

Crap. Grow up. Movies are fairy tales, as are manga.

You don't display real-life sensitivity or empathy. Sad.

Try this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vietnam_War_(TV_series) US slanted but revealing. It does require an extended attention-span.

Last edited:

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
in the context of this thread, it seems rather insensitive to make a quip like that. there are thousands of people in australia being effected by the wildfires going on right now. that being said, apocalypse now is an amazing movie. but there's a time and a place to quote robert duvall...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep throwing more and more personnel at that Aussie fire till it's under control and next summer when the Canadian fire season starts your personnel can come up here and fight fire like as has been the usual lately. Seems to be a good arrangement to exchange.

Top Bottom