• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

Rate this headphone amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 151 65.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 66 28.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Burson has yet to impress. A brand that lots of people told me was "amazing" and "TOTL" when I first got into the HiFi scene almost 7 years ago now.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Burson has yet to impress. A brand that lots of people told me was "amazing" and "TOTL" when I first got into the HiFi scene almost 7 years ago now.
Burson Fun released back in 2018. Whatever they're doing, it's working, as they're still being talked about and highly praised.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Burson Fun released back in 2018. Whatever they're doing, it's working, as they're still being talked about and highly praised.
Everyone (should) know that HiFi is (sadly) 95% marketing and 5% actual performance.

There is a reason why €40K+ poor measuring DACs still sell like hotcakes... marketing! In every other branch one would be sued for fraud on a daily basis when making those outlandish and ridiculous snake-oil claims... but in HiFi that is daily business as usual.. :oops:

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Well...yes and no, there're several folks out there, with lot of money to spend, which prefer to choose something that looks better and fancier if they can afford to, instead of purchasing a device that measures...well, "boring". From my point of view, as long as the SINAD is pretty close to 90dB (or better), those folks with money will probably be very happy with their purchase, without loosing any audible resolution. It's like choosing a car based more on how it looks more than how it performs. :)

Top Bottom