• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Burson Conductor 3 amp

seedragon

Forum Donor
I'm looking at the Conductor 3 Performance to pair with my Focal Clear Professional. It's quite interesting how many reviewers love the C3P, but forums don't.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm looking at the Conductor 3 Performance to pair with my Focal Clear Professional. It's quite interesting how many reviewers love the C3P, but forums don't.

Most reviewers make money from sales of products. If you think of reviewers as salespeople, you'll be better off.

seedragon

Forum Donor
It all comes down to whether or not you have a horse in the race.
I understand what you're saying, but I have rarely been lead astray by reviewers. Generally, when 2-3 reviewers have agreed on something (like the pair of Revel F208s that I bought as the result of reading Amir's review and a few others), I have been extremely pleased--I have never had better sound in my home, and that's after replacing Legacy Audio speakers. Same thing with the Focal Clear, which I'm listening on right now, and Topping DX3 Pro that Amir used as his reference.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I honestly don't know anything about Burson products, other than hearing a lot of talk about their discrete opamps (a waste of money IMO).

To me it looks like an over-engineered and overpriced DAC/headphone amp. But if you need the functionality, the 7.5W output and don't get bothered by hiss, it's probably a perfectly fine product.

I have no idea of how good the build quality and reliability of Burson gear is, but it would have to be damn good for me to pay $1.5K for the thing.

Maybe I'm just a cheapskate :D

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Nah.
The burson cv2+ here really nice, I have the cv2 and its a very well engineer dac amp pre amp

The stellia is too eficient and low impedance if I remember well ifi audio have a thing for this situation:
https://ifi-audio.com/products/iematch/
''
Do your earphones suffer from irritating hiss and pop? Not getting the full impact of your music?...
''
7.5w is a overkill for a dynamic driver headphone 35ohm at 106dB.. In ears also will have Noise

Last edited:
Top Bottom