• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Burson Audio Conductor 3X Grand Tourer or RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition

OP
R

ragingspeed

Ouchhh !!!! Topping today just released the A90 discrete ! bad timing ... baaaad timing for me !

spartaman64

i only had basic impressions at canjam chicago but i thought the burson GT and holo may stack sounded bad and according to other people that heard the burson at canjam NYC with a nagras dac it sounded as they described "dongle tier". so im guessing it's mostly the amp's fault. and i thought the rme adi-2 pro fs sounded the best out of all the stacks there

Caliban

Forum Donor
Hi,

Thanks for welcoming me into this forum. This is my first post although been in the audio world for many years

I am looking into buying an all in one DAC+Headphone AMP and have narrowed down my options to the "Burson Audio Conductor 3X Grand Tourer" or the "RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition"

I want to use it, obviously, both as a DAC+Amp for my headphones and as a DAC for my Hifi system. While I know that the Burson costs twice as much as the RME, I still wish to ask you guys to give me your honest comments and feedback and suggestions which to go for between the two. Features-wise RME would win I highly suppose (especially the EQ tempts me big time) however audio quality is the first and foremost importance I would say.

Thanks in advance and looking forward for a very very long list of fruitful comments and guidance on this matter :)

Thanks,

Geoff
Malta, Europe
If you haven´t already - read this review and it´s comments to learn why you should avoid Burson.
The RME is a more safe (for your headphones), better and cheaper way to go, it´s a way more competent design in all aspects. Don´t worry about the sound quality.
If you ever need more power, there are plenty of dedicated HP-amps you can choose from and add to it later on.

@amirm - the soloist 3xp review does not show up in the audio electronics review list for me, the latest I see is the "fun" unit?

Last edited:

nerdiejack

Even for difficult headphones I would add a Topping A90 to the RME ADI-2 DAC for +500 usd and have tons of power, cheaper than both the ADI-2 Pro and the Burson Conductor 3X GT, but yes no longer a combo DAC+amp unit. I would live with that. :)

I had a similar setup A/D90 stack with Hifiman Arya. Changed the stack to qutest/soloist3xgt. It just trashes the topping stack. If your use case it neutral clear sound sure topping will beat every DAC/AMP on the planet. BUT if you want emotion and fun go to a dealer and tell him your budget, avoid price bias by not asking prices before listening and go with your ears not some numbers.

Top Bottom