• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget subwoofer < £200

sharock

I have a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors at work that I am considered pairing with a sub.

Is there anything better than the PreSonus Sub8 in this price range that is also compact? It's £158 on Amazon UK.

I've also seen the Fostex SUBmini2 for around £140, but that doesn't have a HPF on the output. It does look cute though with its 5" driver!

Must have an output since the iLouds don't have a sub-out.

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've been looking in the same direction, but it seems the Sub8 is the best option.

OP
S

sharock

Received the Sub8 today, hastily hooked it up and took some very quick measurements. Will need to see if I can improve things a bit more and maybe use REW to do some correction. At the moment I am applying some filters to correct the iLoud MM's quasi-anechoic response. All this effort for my work office setup. :D

iloud_presonus.png

Top Bottom