• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget friendly studio monitor recommendations

matthew.legleiter

Hello all, new here. I’ve been looking into my first set of budget studio monitors and the ones I’ve been looking at are the JBL LSR305P MKIII, Kali LP6, Yamaha HS5, Adam T5V, KRK Classic 5, and KRK Rokit 5 G4. I’ve seen the measurements of these and reviews done here that are amazing resources and information, but just to break it down simply I’m looking for recommendations out of the options listed of which is best to purchase, what should I get?

Mailen

Hello and welcome!
I recently bought Nubert NuBox A-125 as Speakers and I'm very happy with it and can recommend them. But if you are living outside of Germany it is hard to buy them. In this case I would recommend you the Adam T5V. They were my second choice.

dfuller

Major Contributor
I'd be inclined to go for the Kali or the Adam.

donnbialik

Adam Audio is surely best bang for the buck. T5Vs sound incredible for $400. Your mixes will surely improve.

Ziltoe

Unfortunately you haven't considered the JBL 306p MK II, which IMO would perfectly fit into your pre-selection and scores better than the other.

donnbialik

Unfortunately you haven't considered the JBL 306p MK II, which IMO would perfectly fit into your pre-selection and scores better than the other.
The JBL 306p MK II were a very very close second for me. You really can't go wrong either way.

Top Bottom