• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Friendly DAC/AMP for office use

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations on a dac/amp combo to run tidal on my phone and LCD-XC 2021. I originally wanted to get a DAP, but seeing as how this set up will stay at my cubicle, I think a dac/amp will offer better bang for the buck. My budget is ~$500.

Thanks in advance.

H-713

Amir has reviewed more DACs and headphone amps (and combos) than just about anything else. He's reviewed so many that I've lost track. The short answer is to pick one of the ones that is on the "recommended" list that looks good to you and you'll be fine.

Holmz

Major Contributor
I have many sets of the Etymotics in the cheaper versions, and a good set.

I used them yesterday and today while sanding with the cord not pluged into anything, as they also have the advantage of ~25 dB lower outside noise.
I did have some custom moulded ones, but the cord got damaged :confused:

They have pretty low distortion, so unless you want a speaker, and do not want noise suppression or an in eater monitor, they are hard to beat.
And with the $10 iPad dongle they sound pretty good. (I think Amir tested those dongles was well?)

Here is the Etymotics review:

But I have been looking at DACS… (I dunno why).

Top Bottom