• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Desktop DAC/Amp Combo

mickyb

Hey all,

First post here after doing a little searching and reading.
Looking forward to hanging around a little in the future.

Been looking around over the web a fair bit over the past week or so, and I'm chasing recommendations on sub $100 USD budget DAC/AMP's for a few sets of headphones.

Have a pair of Oppo PM-3's that I've been using for many years now, and powering with an HA-2 when on the go...

However, picked up a set of Drop's HD-58X a few days ago (once finally arrived) and now looking for a desktop DAC/AMP.

Would use for both set's of cans, so looking at something to power both when at the desk.

I'm sure most of the members here know the specs... but...
Oppo PM-3: 500mw @ 32ohm Planar Magnetic
HD-58X JUBILEE: 500mw @ 150ohm

I will continue to use the HA-2 for portable applications, so just need something for the desktop.
Will use a mix of sources - ie. Mobile and PC as the two main. (Bluetooth is a nice to have but not a must).

Been finding myself drawn back to the FX-Audio DAC-X6 MKII w/bluetooth, however, seems to have been a number of mixed reviews and not sure about the quality of this device. Then again, for a sub $100 USD device, seems to pack a reasonable punch.

Any feedback on the DAC-X6 MKII and/or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all!
Looking forward to members thoughts and recommendations.

Last edited:
OP
M

mickyb

Schiit Fulla 3.
Thanks...
Taken a look, but looks like its a little light on where power output in concerned...

They do seem to have some nice gear out of the factory though. Shame I'm not looking to spend bigger dollars for this setup otherwise some of the modular kit would be a go!

Any other recommendations would be great... (;

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks...
Taken a look, but looks like its a little light on where power output in concerned...
They do seem to have some nice gear out of the factory though. Shame I'm not looking to spend bigger dollars for this setup otherwise some of the modular kit would be a go!
Any other recommendations would be great... (;
For a $100 budget, I doubt you would do better then the Fulla 3.
I'm right now using the Fulla 3, to drive my Soundmagic Hp151 headphones, listening to Sammy Hager's Heavy Metal :)

Top Bottom