• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget DAC Review: Micca OriGen+ USB DAC

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
On the other hand if this is your camping partner.........

680b1af5d30205ac954e7959597c15e9.jpg

Is that Amir's driver Troy?

HAL lives

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a Origen+ and have been very happy with it, although I also had problems with the USB connection/drivers and ended up using the optical connection.

Unfortunately the Origen is out of warranty and the headphone input is failing; I'm thinking of replacing it with a Topping D30, and maybe the A30 amp or a Magni 3.

I know the D30 has received much praise on this site, especially considering its price point, but does anyone have any info or thoughts on how the two units compare sound-wise?

Thanks!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Welcome to the forum. From measurement point of view the D30 is better. From audibility point of view, likely there is little to no difference.

I will be reviewing the A30 "soon" :) and compare it to Magni 3.

HAL lives

Thanks for the quick response Amir, especially to such an old thread!

I'd be very interested in reading your review of the A30 vs Magni 3; I've read good and bad opinions on both units and it would be great to have some objective information. :)

Bhargu

I wanted some clarification on one point. Now that they have released an Origen G2 with USB Class 2.0, the software issue is resolved. Considering that, how would this unit be rated? I like its form factor and am only interested in the headphone out, so the channel inconsistency of the back output measurement also is not an issue? Will it be good for portable use with a laptop?

xineis

Amir, do you by any chance still have the linearity, frequency response and THD+N measurements of the Origen+? Just a curious owner asking.

Top Bottom