• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Buster best of Category !

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Just a suggestion to help new members dip their toes in the pool of good measuring budget equipment. Create a Budget Buster best of Catagory. Where Amir can pick the product that performs well, or good enough, and the price puts it over the top. To award the Title to various products across the span of the many product lines/categories. I think many members would be interested in this type of recommendation.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a suggestion to help new members dip their toes in the pool of good measuring budget equipment. Create a Budget Buster best of Catagory. Where Amir can pick the product that performs well, or good enough, and the price puts it over the top. To award the Title to various products across the span of the many product lines/categories. I think many members would be interested in this type of recommendation.
I don't think the boss likes preferential lists but I agree. It would be useful as either a simple link for "please recommend an X" posts or might even prevent them.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I don't think the boss likes preferential lists but I agree. It would be useful as either a simple link for "please recommend an X" posts or might even prevent them.
This is what the Tableau dashboards with filters are for. You filter on your demands and options roll out.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is what the Tableau dashboards with filters are for. You filter on your demands and options roll out.

I agree- but I think the OP was more thinking of a single- "if you only buy one budget dac/amp/speaker make it X" which I dont think Amir would want to do.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
I agree- but I think the OP was more thinking of a single- "if you only buy one budget dac/amp/speaker make it X" which I dont think Amir would want to do.
Hi Jim,

You are correct, however the idea is open to conversation and adjustments to align with the desires of our membership and Fearless Leader. I started this Thread to gauge interest in some type of “Budget Recommendation”. Like you alluded in your initial reply, it could cut down on the “help me pick a DAC, speaker, etc.” and also provide a more budget focused condensed preference buyers guide.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it would be a good addition to the newbie area. Someone would have to update it periodically. You know, some mod...

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
I think it would be a good addition to the newbie area. Someone would have to update it periodically. You know, some mod...
On second thought, this is a crap idea! Who the hell came up with this?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
On second thought, this is a crap idea! Who the hell came up with this?
Especially as it would likely be a topping for dac and amp. Cue outrage and cries of shilling. And before you know it the game is up before you get a taste of the green!

Top Bottom