• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 99 43.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 121 53.1%

• Total voters

SharinganUser

No fan. Beauty of class D and switching power supply. Efficiency is as high as 90% so while some heat will be generated, it should be OK as is given the large heatsinks Buckeye has put in there.
I'd really like to know why these need heatsinks, but the 6 channel doesn't. They are the same amps right?

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'd really like to know why these need heatsinks, but the 6 channel doesn't. They are the same amps right?
Because they are mounted vertically and do not have the same amount of surface area for heat dissipation as the horizontal configurations.

SharinganUser

That Makes sense. So where does the heat on the 4 and 6 channels go when they are laying flat? Is their some other form of cooling or does it just get that much warmer with the extra amp in the 8 ch?

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
That Makes sense. So where does the heat on the 4 and 6 channels go when they are laying flat? Is their some other form of cooling or does it just get that much warmer with the extra amp in the 8 ch?
Dissipated throughout the entire bottom section of the case aluminum.
The heatsinks were not necessary for proper operation in the 8ch NC502 but an added bonus due to the module orientation.

SharinganUser

Fair enough! Thanks for the clarification! That's some crazy response time man. I see why everyone loves you and this company so much.

Top Bottom