• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Lawyrup843

Right, the Buckeye can be controlled with a trigger. But my streamer does not have the trigger output.
Gotcha. That’s a cool little gadget. Wonder if that could be used for a Schitt Freya pre amp somehow. How hard was that to put together?

catalogguy

Forum Donor
Gotcha. That’s a cool little gadget. Wonder if that could be used for a Schitt Freya pre amp somehow. How hard was that to put together?

Basically buy the 2 items, then insert the wires from the plug into the controller like in the picture and cover the wires with tape.

Plug it into the amp's trigger input, connect AC and position the IR receiver in a good spot.

There was a bit of testing and I got some really helpful advice in the 2 threads below. I checked the voltage and also confirmed the arrow indicates positive (red). I also programmed my Harmony remote. All in all, this seems to have been an easy, clean and inexpensive way ($20) to make this work for my situation.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/.../request-for-wiring-advice.24313/#post-820118
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...to-control-12v-amp-trigger.24288/#post-819049

JBH129

Are any amps available for shipping now or is there a waitlist?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am really happy with the trigger I built. Following up on a few posts here. I have been enjoying my recently received my Buckeye 2 channel amp and now have a working trigger solution to control the on/off. Long path but short answer... I bought a controller for an LED light strip. It is a compact unit that came with a 12v power supply and a remote control for $12.99 on Amazon. I connected a 3.5mm mono plug and trained my Harmony universal remote to control the device. It now works as hoped. I turn on the streamer with the remote and the Buckeye amps comes right on. The power off works just as well.
View attachment 136545View attachment 136546

Amazon Link for Controller
https://www.amazon.com/Lighten-Glimmer-Wireless-Control-Transformer/dp/B073VSF27Q/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=infrared+outlet&qid=1623875978&sr=8-22-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMzA5SUNKTjlSQUlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTk4NzEwMUlKT1FRVUJLMVBZMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDMwMTM1Mk84TVBINkdZMDBWVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Amazon Ink for Plug
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8JBMY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is inspired!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Are any amps available for shipping now or is there a waitlist?
Didn't get an alert of new responses, sorry for the late reply.

Amps are built to order and there is a wait list. NC502's are all an ETA of September as of now due to product shortage stemming from global supply issues.

NC252 orders are out to Aug 2nd. However, I have gotten very good at fitting in 2 channel orders sooner as they are down to a quick assembly time.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Also, all remaining orders and new orders going forward will be built with the new cases (see the new Small case picture in first post for example). Will have pictures of the Medium and Large cases soon.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Love the logo and love the new smaller cases. You've come a long way since inception-congrats on a great product and an incredible price! We thank you.:)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here is an example of a case with 4 channels installed but pre-wired for four more channels to be installed by the customer. Literally just plug and play on the consumer end. For those who want the easy option of adding more channels in the future.

Attachments

• 20210709_204506.jpg
    20210709_204506.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 356

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is an example of a case with 4 channels installed but pre-wired for four more channels to be installed by the customer. Literally just plug and play on the consumer end. For those who want the easy option of adding more channels in the future.

Could end users insert Purifi modules with this design?

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Copy and paste from another thread.

General FYI. I just talked myself :eek: into buying another 6ch Nc502mp amp from Buckeye Amps for $1650 usd shipped. Have already made arrangements with Amir to bench test then do a Tear down inspection as well. Amp is projected to ship directly to Amir around Mid-September. Will be the first Hypex Nc502mp tested by Amir.

JonfromCB

Copy and paste from another thread.

General FYI. I just talked myself :eek: into buying another 6ch Nc502mp amp from Buckeye Amps for $1650 usd shipped. Have already made arrangements with Amir to bench test then do a Tear down inspection as well. Amp is projected to ship directly to Amir around Mid-September. Will be the first Hypex Nc502mp tested by Amir.

Very nice gesture for the community! Have you posted your impressions/review of your first amp? If so, I'd like to read it. Thanks

AdamG

Forum Donor
Very nice gesture for the community! Have you posted your impressions/review of your first amp? If so, I'd like to read it. Thanks
I have several times posted my subjective opinion and observations. Do a search of this thread by my user name. You should find a few.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I keep thinking I should swap out my Emotiva (Gen1) for my Buckeye and see what happens. But it's a lot of work, maybe in about 147 years when I retire.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Miracles DO happen!

Hypex is able to fulfill enough of my NC502MP order to cover all builds (pending and paid for). I have adjusted my build schedule to account for this. Unless a customer has heard from me directly, your build is still slated for the ETA discussed during order placement BUT may be done sooner (not later).

First post updated with new ETA times for amp builds. Sorry to any new interested customers that the date is so far off even for NC252 builds, but I have a lot of pending orders to fill first.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Does that include the 6-channel Amp Adam is purchasing that Amir is going to test?

Rick "looking forward to that test as a probable future buyer" Denney

That one should be done sooner than the expected ETA. However, I cannot give an exact date. I will let Adam know once I have a specific date in mind. I am sending it direct to Amir so that should help with review time.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Does that include the 6-channel Amp Adam is purchasing that Amir is going to test?

Rick "looking forward to that test as a probable future buyer" Denney
I have not heard any different from Dylan. Therefore it is still assumed that the build will deliver mid September as previously announced.

Dylan, you are not under any pressure to prioritize my order just because it is being sent in for testing. I will wait in line like anyone else. To ask otherwise would be inappropriate.

Top Bottom