• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

NoSnakeOil2

Hi Buckeye,

If I bought the Ghent case and sent it to you, do you have any preference on the type of options on the NC252 case? Ghent's website offers 3 options: A (w/o audio parts, whatever that means), B -- Solder Parts, and C-- Solderless parts. Is there any way i should pack the case and parts before i send them to you? Thanks, Daren

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Buckeye,

If I bought the Ghent case and sent it to you, do you have any preference on the type of options on the NC252 case? Ghent's website offers 3 options: A (w/o audio parts, whatever that means), B -- Solder Parts, and C-- Solderless parts. Is there any way i should pack the case and parts before i send them to you? Thanks, Daren

Option C - Solderless

Also, to save time and money you can have the case sent directly to me from Ghent. I've done four builds this way for forum members so far.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Ok, that's closer, but I would need a female RCA to connect my RCA cables to the adapter. Sweetwater sells a nice Hosa branded one. Also, I see where I can message you, but I don't see a straight up email address.

Thanks!

Daina

I would just buy the cable and skip the adapter. I would not really call anything from Hosa "nice" though I have some of those adapters and they work OK if you want to go that route. I personally stay far away from their cables.

There are many posts on RCA to XLR conversion and vice-versa but I think they are scattered among threads instead of in a single thread. The main issue with conversion is to not short the output of a XLR (balanced) source, and make sure the shield is tied to ground so it really is a shield.

Here is a search on RCA XLR that might yield help: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?search/20640450/&q=xlr+rca&o=relevance

catalogguy

Forum Donor
What are people using to trigger the amp's power on and off? I have been unable to find a DAC with a 12v trigger out (a few poor-measuring exceptions I'd not put with an amp like this).

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
First speakON build done

Attachments

• 6 channel speakon.jpg
    6 channel speakon.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 518

kokishin

Forum Donor
The @Buckeye Amps threads are my favorites.

Your humble attitude and entrepreneurial spirit are compelling.

I wish you much success!

Last edited:

NoSnakeOil2

Option C - Solderless

Also, to save time and money you can have the case sent directly to me from Ghent. I've done four builds this way for forum members so far.
OK, Great! Is there a way to send you a private msg with all the particulars? (I'm relatively new here.) thanks for all your help!

Mark_x

Buckeye Amps. Hey. which wire is for the main power inside? is it acoustic?

bogart

Forum Donor
Buckeye Amps. Hey. which wire is for the main power inside? is it acoustic?

Are you asking whether the power supply wires from mains input are a specialty “audio” type?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
@Buckeye Amps
1. Have you shipped any amps into Canada yet?
I'm curious what the shipping and duties would be (you can use postal code V3B 5R5) for "2 channel NC502MP"?
If shipping directly to Canada is too expensive right now, and no way to ship to a US address and drive to pickup, I'm thinking we need to wait for border to open up first.

To save $ in the past, we shipped items to a USA "PO box/forwarding office" (WA,98281) that's just 2 min away from the border, drive across the border to pickup the package, drive back into Canada and pay appropriate duties ourselves at the border.

2. My friend just got a Denon X6700H AVR, which allows him to hook up a 2-ch amp to power the L-R speakers.
I'm thinking that if the Purifi modules will have better performance, he'll wait for that option.
Please keep us posted on the Purifi builds.

Thanks.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps
1. Have you shipped any amps into Canada yet?
I'm curious what the shipping and duties would be (you can use postal code V3B 5R5) for "2 channel NC502MP"?
If shipping directly to Canada is too expensive right now, and no way to ship to a US address and drive to pickup, I'm thinking we need to wait for border to open up first.

To save $ in the past, we shipped items to a USA "PO box/forwarding office" (WA,98281) that's just 2 min away from the border, drive across the border to pickup the package, drive back into Canada and pay appropriate duties ourselves at the border.

2. My friend just got a Denon X6700H AVR, which allows him to hook up a 2-ch amp to power the L-R speakers.
I'm thinking that if the Purifi modules will have better performance, he'll wait for that option.
Please keep us posted on the Purifi builds.

Thanks.
I've shipped a few amps to Canada so far and most of them still qualified for free shipping for me. One the buyer had to chip in $25 more to cover shipping (was going to BC).

Mark_x

Are you asking whether the power supply wires from mains input are a specialty “audio” type?
I mean the wire in this photo
This type of wire specifically for power electrical connections? Many people use the type of wire that is designed to connect to speakers. They have different coverage. I'm talking about fire safety. Sorry, my english is not very good.
And another question. If you need both a trigger and a button. Can the button be connected directly from the contacts of the trigger relay?
I'm not a competitor))) I'm from Russia. You don't send us your good amplifiers. I want to try to assemble it myself. But in my country it's a big problem to buy modules Hypex. I'm not sure yet that I will succeed.

Last edited:

NoSnakeOil2

I mean the wire in this photo
This type of wire specifically for power electrical connections? Many people use the type of wire that is designed to connect to speakers. They have different coverage. I'm talking about fire safety. Sorry, my english is not very good.
And another question. If you need both a trigger and a button. Can the button be connected directly from the contacts of the trigger relay?
I'm not a competitor))) I'm from Russia. You don't send us your good amplifiers. I want to try to assemble it myself. But in my country it's a big problem to buy modules Hypex. I'm not sure yet that I will succeed.
Здравствуйте! )))

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Got my four-channel NC252 version yesterday. Unfortunately all I can say is it came early, looks good, and was very well packed.

All that was inside for instructions was a sheet explaining the trigger operation. I'd suggest adding a sheet with company contact and warranty info, maybe a picture of the XLR pinout just to have, and maybe a link to the datasheet.

JEarle

Forum Donor
Got my NC252 in a Ghent case from Buckeye a few days ago. After he received the case he had it assembled and sent to me within a couple of days!

Looks good and sounds great powering a pair of JBL 580's (currently).

When I need another amplifier I'll certainly be reaching out to Buckeye again, very impressed with all aspects!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Got my four-channel NC252 version yesterday. Unfortunately all I can say is it came early, looks good, and was very well packed.

All that was inside for instructions was a sheet explaining the trigger operation. I'd suggest adding a sheet with company contact and warranty info, maybe a picture of the XLR pinout just to have, and maybe a link to the datasheet.
Great idea, thank you. Will work on that.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here are pics of a completed Ghent 502 build. These are very easy for me to do. Basically the best route for anyone who has been eyeing a Ghent DIY 2 channel option but can't come across the modules (due to OEM rules).

Attachments

• ghent 502 rear.JPG
    ghent 502 rear.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 356
  • ghent 502 front.JPG
    ghent 502 front.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 354
Top Bottom