• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here is the mock up of the final design I will be using for the bottom of my 12" case for venting. Something similar will be made for the 17" and 19" cases as well. Will take 2-3 months until they are available in circulation for orders.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 281

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Do the current cases have vents on the bottom or no? Mine is going into a fairly constrained space so wondering if I should drill holes in the bottom...

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do the current cases have vents on the bottom or no? Mine is going into a fairly constrained space so wondering if I should drill holes in the bottom...

Just take a dremel, a steady hand, and a cutting wheel. You can make them same vents ;)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not at this time, no. I may revisit towards the middle/end of summer

Need to do volume with Purifi as there is no OEM discounting on their amplifiers. Unlike the Hypex MP you currently use, it needs a separate (typically Hypex) power supply too. Much harder to make even a small margin without major upfront investment. Pascal is likely a better fit for you if you want to diversify/expand beyond Hypex. Sorry @Matias ;)

Last edited:

Trevor

Ncore-based amps look intriguing and exciting.
But would it be silly if I were to ask here for an amplifier built using the Hypex NC122MP module?
I'm new to this and learning from this site, but it seems the NC122MP would be plenty of power for my needs (2x125W into 4 ohms).
Is there a reason no one has already asked about an NC122MP here?
Thank you.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Ncore-based amps look intriguing and exciting.
But would it be silly if I were to ask here for an amplifier built using the Hypex NC122MP module?
I'm new to this and learning from this site, but it seems the NC122MP would be plenty of power for my needs (2x125W into 4 ohms).
Is there a reason no one has already asked about an NC122MP here?
Thank you.
I'm keeping inventory of parts simple so I decided to only carry the 252 and 502. The price difference between a 252 and 122 isn't very much, which was another decision to not carry it for my business at this time.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mind if I ask which streaming service you watched Greenland on? Watching Total Recall for the first time since I watched it on VHS.
It is worth a watch.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
NC502 restock is en route to me from Hypex so as soon as I have them everyone with 502 orders will start getting them filled on schedule.

I am well ahead of schedule on NC252 builds as well so customers should expect emails with tracking info sooner than anticipated, unless an unforeseen life delay happens.

Also I am well restocked on NC252s, more than enough to handle a couple of months orders and plan to finally carry a continuous inventory. Working on building up a similar inventory for NC502s.

Thank you to everyone for your orders and kind words and patience. This business has grown faster than I ever imagined but I have the builds down methodically and am able to do a build a night so far.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How many watts/ channel do the 502 modules output into 8 ohms?

catalogguy

Forum Donor
Can you put in a trigger with the Ghent case. Also, does the 12v trigger require 12v, or is there a range that would allow me to find a device (hopefully a dac) that may output less, such as 5v?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Can you put in a trigger with the Ghent case. Also, does the 12v trigger require 12v, or is there a range that would allow me to find a device (hopefully a dac) that may output less, such as 5v?
I just checked and I could fit one of my 12v relays into the Ghent case. My relay can operate as low as 9v.

dainapoo

Hey Buckeye,

This may have been asked, and apologize for what might be an elementary question - looking for a 2 channel 502, most likely. I have 3 preamps I can use but they are all RCA. Can I assume that a properly designed RCA to XLR adapter will work appropriately - or no? Also, another dumb question probably but how do I order one?!

Best,

Daina

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hey Buckeye,

This may have been asked, and apologize for what might be an elementary question - looking for a 2 channel 502, most likely. I have 3 preamps I can use but they are all RCA. Can I assume that a properly designed RCA to XLR adapter will work appropriately - or no? Also, another dumb question probably but how do I order one?!

Best,

Daina
Yes. I recommend the Monoprice male RCA to Male XLR Premier series cable as it is wired correctly and is an all in one solution (no need for an adapter).

As far as ordering, just send me a message or email.

dainapoo

Yes. I recommend the Monoprice male RCA to Male XLR Premier series cable as it is wired correctly and is an all in one solution (no need for an adapter).

As far as ordering, just send me a message or email.

Ok, that's closer, but I would need a female RCA to connect my RCA cables to the adapter. Sweetwater sells a nice Hosa branded one. Also, I see where I can message you, but I don't see a straight up email address.

Thanks!

Daina

Benedium

Forum Donor
Ok, that's closer, but I would need a female RCA to connect my RCA cables to the adapter. Sweetwater sells a nice Hosa branded one. Also, I see where I can message you, but I don't see a straight up email address.

Thanks!

Daina
Not exactly qualified to answer here but... pretty sure use of an adapter is not recommended. Just get the male rca to male xlr cable at enough length to connect from avr/preamp to the buckeye amp.

Top Bottom