• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hypex NC502MP specs:
- 450w @ 2ohm (per channel, peak)
- 500w @ 4ohm (per channel, peak)
- 350w @ 8ohm (per channel, peak)

Hypex NC252MP specs:
- 180w @ 2ohm (per channel, peak)
- 250w @ 4ohm (per channel, peak)
- 150w @ 8ohm (per channel, peak)

PRICING:
XL 8ch Aluminum Case (17"x13"x6") w/custom heatsinks:

NEW Features! (MCU control, soft start, Auto On/Off, 12v trigger, LED board w/clipping and error indication)
8 channel NC502MP
, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post output
*Custom 8 channel configurations available for any NC502+NC252 combo*

Large 6/8ch Aluminum Case (17"x13"x3.5"):
NEW Features! (MCU control, soft start, Auto On/Off, 12v trigger, LED board w/clipping and error indication)
8 channel NC252MP
, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post outputs
6 channel NC502MP, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post outputs
6 channel NC252MP, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post outputs

Medium 4ch Aluminum Case (12"x13"x3.5"):
NEW Features! (MCU control, soft start, Auto On/Off, 12 trigger, LED board w/clipping and error indication)
4 channel NC502MP
4 channel NC252MP, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post outputs

Small 2ch Aluminum Case (7"x13"x3.5"):
2 channel NC502MP
2 channel NC252MP, Neutrik XLR inputs, Standard 5-way Binding Post outputs

*Rackmount case upgrade available for $150

- Mixing and matching NC502's and NC252's is an option
- International shipping is available

Email directly ([email protected]) for buying or if you have any questions at all

Visit our website for up to date specs, pricing, and pictures:
Buckeye Amps Official Site

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey all,

Long-time A/V enthusiast with an extensive history on the AVS forums and more recently following this site for all the technical and objective expertise. After months of looking for the best amplifier setup over the summer, I went a DIY route and built a 4-channel NC502MP and 6-channel NC252MP build using Modushop cases. One of the reasons for the DIY route was the lack of sellers in the US, and at the time of my needs the offerings of US sellers was limited.

I found putting my amplifiers together a fun "hobby"/relaxing during the nights after I got home from school (working on a PhD currently). So I got to thinking, could I offer a no frills, low cost option for US buyers without much overhead/need to charge more than necessary to turn a small profit while providing a quality product? After a couple of weeks of spitballing and working on a case prototype that is cost effective, I believe the answer is yes.

I don't have a website yet or any official pictures (waiting on the cases to arrive and put one together) but I have official cost for my initial offerings settled and can at least confidently announce the following configuration and pricing:

6 channel NC252MP, XLR inputs (Neutrik), 12v trigger, Power LED, Black aluminum 2U case (17" wide, 12" deep) = $1249 shipped
4 channel NC502MP, XLR inputs (Neutrik), 12v trigger, Power LED, Black aluminum 2U case (17" wide, 12" deep) = $1049 shipped
4 channel NC252MP, XLR inputs (Neutrik), 12v trigger, Power LED, Black aluminum 2U case (17" wide, 12" deep) = $849 shipped

These would be my first offerings as they can all fit in the same case. Within the next few days I will have a prototype case that can fit an 8 channel NC252MP or 6 channel NC502MP offering. And last offering would be a case that fits a 2 channel NC502MP or 2/4channel NC252MP offering (so you aren't stuck with the larger 17" wide case for a 4 channel NC252MP). Once the price on these cases are official, I will post pricing.Ohio

My start-up is going to be slow at first. Right now I only have NC252MP modules on hand (the 502's are on backorder). And I am keeping a low stock of parts until I can see how much interest is out there. As I said, this is not going to be a main source of income or business for me. More small profit margins since this is going to be a hobby endeavor and an entry level offering for those in the States. If it gains traction, a website may be up and running by the end of the year. Until then I am open to PM's on here or my email address (if I am allowed to provide it?). As long as I have the modules in stock, turn around time for building would be 1 week maximum.

I have a 6 channel NC252MP offering officially sold to a fellow member on here who lives close to Amir. The plan is once he receives it in a few weeks he is going to ask Amir to review it. I hope to pass but am also open to being tore down if it means bettering my offerings.
Ohio guy? I originally hail from Cleveland.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Ohio guy? I originally hail from Cleveland.
Nice....Toledo area here. Thought Buckeye Amps would be a simple name and it was available when I registered the business.

Hoping I can provide good quality amps for a bare minimum price margin. Will wait to see what Amir finds if he reviews the one I make for @Lonestar1027

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am very interested indeed. Currently have 3 tabs open deciding on either a Audiophonics, Nord and VTV 4 channel NC252 build. I'll send a PM on top of this post. Looking forward to pictures and actually a 17" case is more ideal for me than something narrower.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
For the time being, here are render pictures of the case. It will be finished, including the side panels, in a Jet Black Powder coat (Medium Gloss, Smooth). The bottom panel has holes cut for direct mounting of the modules. Which also means if you ever want to swap out a module (say change an NC252 to an NC502 if you need more power later on) or add a channel (say you buy the 4 channel NC252 that comes in the 17" case there are already holes in the bottom to easily mount a third module later on down the road). Again, trying to keep the costs down so offering cases that can be used for many different configurations helps. And again, the unused XLR and binding post cutouts will be covered.

It is aluminum all around. 1.6mm top and bottom, 2.6mm front and back.

I apologize to any potential OCD customers (which is myself sometimes) but I decided on the Power LED being in the bottom left front corner instead of dead center.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,834
Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice, good luck!

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'll echo @Lonestar1027 now that I've spoken for Buckeye amp serial number 2!

All my conversations with @Buckeye Amps has been very pleasant today and the last message exchange verified he's figured out the "pin-1" implementation. When this thread gets 30 pages long point them back to post #9 ;)

This is gonna be so sweet to output 4 channels at 200W balanced from my forthcoming Okto DAC8PRO. A big step up in SQ from my miniDSP4x10 and cobbled together amp collection.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Moved question to DIY thread

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It was brought to my attention, but for the 19" case offering, it can accomodate two NC252's and a single NC502. I won't make it an official offering, but it is an option I can put together for the few who may want that.

I have another order of NC252's on their way and will be putting in orders of the larger and smaller cases tomorrow. Waiting until November to order NC502's as they are on back-order and my capital at the moment isn't that high yet (as stated, keeping a low overhead at first due to the slim margins I am trying to offer at).

Thanks all for the interest and even just looking at this thread. I am open to critique and suggestions and requests. This is meant to get more people into the hobby, not for me to feel like I know everything or am superior/above reproach.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As soon as possible please post some inner shots. An organizer and tight assembly is a plus in my book. :)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
As soon as possible please post some inner shots. An organizer and tight assembly is a plus in my book. :)
I will. The moment I get the first order of cases in I'll be putting together both a six channel NC252 build (that will hopefully find its way to Amir in the future) and will have all the good shots. While I am trying to keep things simple and "cheap", I definitely know fit and finish and tidiness goes a long way.

Great to have another option in the US. Interested in your 8 channel NC252MP, I've been looking at the $1,899 VTV 8 channel or two of the $970 Audiophonics HPA-Q250NC. I'm good with XLR only but would prefer RCA as well as I will be using a Denon X6400H until I can go separates. How would you sell me on your amp? Thanks
https://vtvamplifier.com/product/vtv-amplifier-eight-channel-hypex-nc252mp-ncore-amplifier-250wx8/
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...annel-class-d-ncore-4x250w-4-ohm-p-14356.html

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Christmas has arrived early! The first batch of cases, the 17" wide 6-channel models, arrived today. They are even more well built/put together than I expected. Going to begin the first assembly, a 6 channel NC252MP amp for Lonestar and then post even more pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20201023_155425205~2.jpg
    PXL_20201023_155425205~2.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 1,202
  • PXL_20201023_155343806~2.jpg
    PXL_20201023_155343806~2.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 1,097
  • PXL_20201023_155434657~2.jpg
    PXL_20201023_155434657~2.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • PXL_20201023_155358300~2.jpg
    PXL_20201023_155358300~2.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 1,068

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Great to have another option in the US. Interested in your 8 channel NC252MP, I've been looking at the $1,899 VTV 8 channel or two of the $970 Audiophonics HPA-Q250NC. I'm good with XLR only but would prefer RCA as well as I will be using a Denon X6400H until I can go separates. How would you sell me on your amp? Thanks
https://vtvamplifier.com/product/vtv-amplifier-eight-channel-hypex-nc252mp-ncore-amplifier-250wx8/
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...annel-class-d-ncore-4x250w-4-ohm-p-14356.html
Wouldn't it be possible to order RCA-XLR cables and use the the amp XLR only?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
My selling point would be a low price for the exact same sound quality as other offerings :)

But really, that's my selling point. I am definitely still using quality parts and paying attention to detail, but since the NCxxxMP modules require no extra input buffers or add-ons that may or may not have a subjective difference, my goal is to offer amps that just work for low cost.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Wouldn't it be possible to order RCA-XLR cables and use the the amp XLR only?
I understand if people have nice RCA cables already. If that is the case, the Emotiva RCA to XLR adapters for $8 work perfectly (and are wired correctly).

My selling point would be a low price for the exact same sound quality as other offerings :)

But really, that's my selling point. I am definitely still using quality parts and paying attention to detail, but since the NCxxxMP modules require no extra input buffers or add-ons that may or may not have a subjective difference, my goal is to offer amps that just work for low cost.

Good enough of an answer for me, just wanted to keep you on your toes! Non-stock input buffers/op-amps don't particularly interest me. Was planning to use the Neutrik NA2MPMF XLR to RCA, will have to check out the Emotiva. Glad to have run across this when I did, planning on making the purchase in the next 2-3 weeks. Would like to see a completed build inside and out for one of your amps, the 6 channel version would be fine if that is what you are building first. Also need a 4-5 channel purifi based amp...

Top Bottom