• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

BluesDaddy

This may be answered previously in the thread, but curious as to why your multi-channel amps are all even number of channels? I run an 11.2 Atmos system and as far as I'm aware (albeit haven't kept up much in the last few years) most multichannel speaker systems are odd numbered. Why only even? I assume you can do an odd number amp system with your custom option. Thanks!

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
This may be answered previously in the thread, but curious as to why your multi-channel amps are all even number of channels? I run an 11.2 Atmos system and as far as I'm aware (albeit haven't kept up much in the last few years) most multichannel speaker systems are odd numbered. Why only even? I assume you can do an odd number amp system with your custom option. Thanks!
They come in 2-channel modules. I am in a similar situation and just don’t use one channel on a six channel amp build.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I do not stock the NC500MP/NC250MP modules, which are the mono channel modules. The reason for this is so I can devote purchasing power to stereo modules and get them at the lowest price points possible, so in the end say a 4ch amplifier is barely more expensive than a 3ch.

There is no harm or performance hit leaving a channel unused.

BluesDaddy

I do not stock the NC500MP/NC250MP modules, which are the mono channel modules. The reason for this is so I can devote purchasing power to stereo modules and get them at the lowest price points possible, so in the end say a 4ch amplifier is barely more expensive than a 3ch.

There is no harm or performance hit leaving a channel unused.
Thanks. Makes sense, but not sure my OCD would let me do that. ;) But I am interested in swapping out my Class AB amps for something that runs cooler in the summer. I'll give it some more thought.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks. Makes sense, but not sure my OCD would let me do that. ;) But I am interested in swapping out my Class AB amps for something that runs cooler in the summer. I'll give it some more thought.
Believe me, as someone with OCD as well, I get it. But I've had an unused channel for over 3yrs now and never even think about it.

You can also bi-amp the Center speaker since it is HT usage

AdamG

Forum Donor
Lol, we have similar issues. I got over it and you can too. :cool:

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
OK, I will back out of here Since Dylan is on the ball and we’re basically double posting! :p
I'm updating the website and starting to get the product pages ready for the NCx so one of those nights I am more "active" then usual.

Speaking of which: do people think I should make a new thread for the NCx offerings or keep them in here?

AdamG

Forum Donor
I'm updating the website and starting to get the product pages ready for the NCx so one of those nights I am more "active" then usual.

Speaking of which: do people think I should make a new thread for the NCx offerings or keep them in here?
Your call. But a new product deserves a new thread. Imho.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do like me and order a 3 ch Purifi

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They come in 2-channel modules. I am in a similar situation and just don’t use one channel on a six channel amp build.

Same here...

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Tempting. But I also realized, if I'm not mistaken, I could get a 6-Channel NC252MPs and bridge three pairs of channels for LCR and then an 8-channel for the rest of the channels.
Yes but it comes with the trade off a slightly higher noise floor when bridging.

oldtexasdog

Yes but it comes with the trade off a slightly higher noise floor when bridging.
I was looking at one of these amps for the front 3 on my HT Denon x6700H as the B&W's are very power hungrey. My space is limited and as everting is in a cabinet running temp is important also. I do have fans.

Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier, 3-channel

Specs

(3) Purifi 1ET400A modules
(1) Hypex SMPS1200A400
450w @ 2ohm per channel
425w @ 4ohm per channel
225w @ 8ohm per channel

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I was looking at one of these amps for the front 3 on my HT Denon x6700H as the B&W's are very power hungrey. My space is limited and as everting is in a cabinet running temp is important also. I do have fans.

Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier, 3-channel

Specs

(3) Purifi 1ET400A modules
(1) Hypex SMPS1200A400
450w @ 2ohm per channel
425w @ 4ohm per channel
225w @ 8ohm per channel
The Purifi amps run cooler than the Hypex amps for sure.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

gotta work on your marketing here... ;)

That (slightly) added noise comes with about 6 dB more gain too!

mbman81

When you expecting to start shipping the NCx amps? And how many channels you expecting?

Top Bottom