• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

mumford

Hypex FusionAmps have those 100w add-on modules for tweeters? Any chance that you may offer them as an option?

rzriege

I received my 252, 6 channel buckeye amp last week and I am thoroughly impressed. Not only in packaging, build quality, and difference in sound quality, but also in the customer service. I was having an issue that Dylan helped me figure out even though the issue was NOT with the amp! Thank you Dylan!

CanadianMetal

I ordered my first ever power amp as have only ever used AVR’s before . Looking forward to seeing how it will improve my bed layer .

I have 4 quadraphonic SuperTowers and a Center it will power , with my Denon handling the Atmos duties . Although everyone thinks my room sound glorious as it is , it will be fun to see how much better it can be with the 4 SuperTowers getting all the power they could want .

Have a 6 channel on order and will use 5 of those , perhaps will have to see if there is a way to use the extra channel in the future ?

This fall / winter was planning to do a BOSS platform build .

CanadianMetal

Looks like I will need male XLR to RCA cables to connect the Buckeye amp to my Denon AVR X4400H, any recommendations for cables that would work well for this ???
Amazon links etc. would be very helpful, as there seems to be so many choices.....

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Looks like I will need male XLR to RCA cables to connect the Buckeye amp to my Denon AVR X4400H, any recommendations for cables that would work well for this ???
Amazon links etc. would be very helpful, as there seems to be so many choices.....
I recommend the Monoprice Premier Series RCA to XLR. Wired properly, great quality.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
when in doubt, buy Neutrik.
Of course I'd always recommend cables using Neutrik connectors, but those cables can also be wired wrong depending on the reseller/brand of cable. Hence my Monoprice recommendation for a properly wired cable of good quality.

CanadianMetal

Pardon my ignorance but is see this cable

For some reason I was mistakenly thinking I needed the type that had 2 rca ends.

Stupid question: Has anyone found any audible difference between using a 6 foot vs 3 foot cable ?
I could put within 3 feet if needed, but am thinking I should get the 6 foot cables for ease of placement ?

Last edited:

ryanosaur

Major Contributor

For some reason I was mistakenly thinking I needed the type that had 2 rca ends.

Stupid question: Has anyone found any audible difference between using a 6 foot vs 3 foot cable ?
I could put within 3 feet if needed, but am thinking I should get the 6 foot cables for ease of placement ?
Length of cable shouldn't matter, likely even at 60'... unless you are running parallel to some power lines. ;)

Besides, it's always nice to give yourself some slack!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

That's the cable, yes

simplywyn

Thanks, I'll look at some of the Purifi and Hypex based amps. My R3s get plenty loud with the Cronus but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on anything by not having more power for them to feed on. For me it's not about playing at loud volume but having the headroom for the speaker to rely on. If that makes any sense...

I run the R3's off Purifi 1ET400, and.. yes you need these.

amper42

Major Contributor
Have preliminary documentation on the NCx500 and (2) modules allocated for testing coming to me sometime soon. Will be another product I add to the family

Would the NCx500 modules be a possible upgrade path for those with the NC500MP Buckeye amp? Or is the change in space requirements and power enough that you require a new case? Thank you!

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Would the NCx500 modules be a possible upgrade path for those with the NC500MP Buckeye amp? Or is the change in space requirements and power enough that you require a new case? Thank you!
It'll be a new case.

The NCx500 requires a dedicated SMPS, just like Purifi, so it will most likely be 1-3ch builds (I may see about getting up to 5ch with it, we will see).

To me, it's looking like the NCx500 could be a slightly cheaper alternative to a Purifi 1ET400A BUT it depends on how 3rd party measurements (like Amir) pan out.

Espiritiv

It'll be a new case.

The NCx500 requires a dedicated SMPS, just like Purifi, so it will most likely be 1-3ch builds (I may see about getting up to 5ch with it, we will see).

To me, it's looking like the NCx500 could be a slightly cheaper alternative to a Purifi 1ET400A BUT it depends on how 3rd party measurements (like Amir) pan out.
Would be nice to see both Purifi and NCx500 builds all at 1-5ch options.

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry, what is that?
It is the power supply for the amp that converts the mains power to be able to be used in the amp.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, what is that?

If it helps, a separate power supply is what was really meant. In the end, as was stated, is just like the Purifi as far as parts count goes.

Not sure if Buckeye has some other plans, but he could readily use his Purifi case as the space requirements are the same as for the NCoreX 500.

Last edited:
Top Bottom