• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any idea when you'll start to offer the NCOREx?

The release on the Hypex website is all the info available at this time.

Hypex OEMs have nothing more to work with at this time. Aside from pricing, does NcoreX replace Ncore or is it a premium option? The NC500x appears to be a drop-in, but Buckeye uses MP series and no info on them at all.

Still good to see that Hypex is still pushing the performance curves. Too soon to tell much more. :oops:

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Now, if for some reason the pinout of the NC500x is the same as the Purifi, than it would make carrying it easy (no new input buffer board necessary). I doubt it would be an exact match, though.

As Rick said, too soon to tell much at this point.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now, if for some reason the pinout of the NC500x is the same as the Purifi, than it would make carrying it easy (no new input buffer board necessary). I doubt it would be an exact match, though.

My understanding is they are positioning the NC500x as a drop in replacement for NC500. Therefore, pinout willbe different from purifi modules?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Pinout is the same NC500OEM = 1ET400A = NCx500OEM, but the NCores use a higher voltage power supply.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Pinout is the same NC500OEM = 1ET400A = NCx500OEM, but the NCores use a higher voltage power supply.
Thanks.
It gives me something to think about for continued addition to my lineup. Maybe I'll use it for a good mono block offering (as I've had a few requests a month for dedicated monoblocks).

Time will tell. For now, I will just tell inquiring customers that the MP series revision I am doing and my Purifi offerings will be the main focus for the time being.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And wouldn't a 1ET400A amplifier with a power supply with a voltage higher than 2x63V provide more power?
Hypex NC500OEM recommended is +/- 84V and a maximum of +/- 100V.
Purifi 1ET400A recommended is +/- 65V and a maximum of +/- 75V.

If an SMPS1200A700 rated at 85V good for an NC500OEM is used with an 1ET400A is going to trigger overvoltage protection (hopefully) or damage the module.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Measurements and testing on the Hypex board are done. Passed with results same as what Amir got with my last reviews (in terms of THD, Power, and Response).
Auto on/off is working smoothly and power state/error behavior via MCU is up to par.

2ch and 4ch final production boards are on order. Will hopefully be filling new revision builds end of May.

8ch board is in early drawing/design but shouldn't take too long to also have in production.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
2 and 4ch boards are officially in full production mode. I should be able to start slotting them into existing orders by end of May. I will contact 2 and 4ch customers towards the end of the month to offer upgrading.

8ch board is going to be prototyped first to confirm layout and cable routing placement. Then it won't be too far behind.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It's been a busy last two weeks, starting with the loss of some completed amps (still haven't found who took them) and getting ready for graduation ceremony. I'm nearly into May ETA orders finallly, and the new boards should be in hand towards end of month meaning order fulfillment times will drastically decrease.

Thank you to the community and everyone willing to have patience. As my business grows I know the importance of providing a more readily available product and should be at a point soon where orders will take less than 4wks max.

Attached for good thoughts is a photo from my graduation ceremony last night. I have some finishing touches to do over the summer on my thesis and defense but the end is in sight!

Attachments

• IMG_9338.jpg
    IMG_9338.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 339

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's been a busy last two weeks, starting with the loss of some completed amps (still haven't found who took them) and getting ready for graduation ceremony. I'm nearly into May ETA orders finallly, and the new boards should be in hand towards end of month meaning order fulfillment times will drastically decrease.

Thank you to the community and everyone willing to have patience. As my business grows I know the importance of providing a more readily available product and should be at a point soon where orders will take less than 4wks max.

Attached for good thoughts is a photo from my graduation ceremony last night. I have some finishing touches to do over the summer on my thesis and defense but the end is in sight!
Congrats on your graduation.

amper42

Major Contributor
Congratulations on your graduation! You have an amazing life ahead of you. You are appreciated by so many here! Thank you for being such a thoughtful, helpful person to all of us enjoying your talent and dedication in providing high quality amps. You are certainly a gem in the audio world.

The NC502MP amps I purchased from you have been nothing but a joy to use and I'm certainly looking forward to your new Purifi line. After working with Buckeye amps it would be very hard to go back to anything else. :D
Cheers Dylan! You're the best.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

Congratulations on graduation! That is a huge milestone. Is that a bandage on your finger from all the work on amp assembly?

MarcR

Forum Donor
Congratulations, Dylan - tremendous accomplishment!

Three weeks in, I too am enjoying the heck out of my NC502MP amps - they're driving a new 7.x.4 theater system flawlessly. Superb quality and value.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Congratulations on graduation! That is a huge milestone. Is that a bandage on your finger from all the work on amp assembly?
Haha, no, that is from some side work I have been doing to my car to make it more "fun"

Top Bottom