• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

rvsixer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
...when presented a 4 ohm speaker while bridged, why shouldn’t they be able to handle it, since the amps are rated down to 2 ohms?
Posting again...in BTL mode, Hypex MP modules are rated for 4 ohm minimum (reduced output), with 8 ohm recommended (full rated output). 2 ohm rating does not apply to BTL mode. It's all in the datasheets.

mariano3113

Here is a mock-up of the logo I think I settled on for the amps. I will also look at getting metallic badges made for past/current customers who might want the logo until the new cases with it are available.
Logo looks great.

I am willing to order a Metallic Badge for my amp that just arrived.

Currently running Pecan Pi Streamer older unit with XLR to Ncore 252mp and RCA to Subwoofer (refiled case to fit Raspberry 4GB Raspberry Pi4 using MoOde Audio).

I was running some James Loudspeakers 63Cube first from a Pioneer VSX-821. Then switched over to a more subtle NAD D3020 v1, and now the current setup listed above.

What difference in clarity with higher volume the new setup provides.

thepiecesfit

Can anyone clarify if the 12v trigger cable to the pre-amp is needed to bring this unit out of standby? My present amp shuts off after about 20 minutes and wakes when audio signal starts to play. Want to make sure I'm not setting up a trigger if it's not needed.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Can anyone clarify if the 12v trigger cable to the pre-amp is needed to bring this unit out of standby? My present amp shuts off after about 20 minutes and wakes when audio signal starts to play. Want to make sure I'm not setting up a trigger if it's not needed.
As in, the amp LED is on after you stop playing music/sound and then within 20 minutes the LED turns off? But as soon as a signal is present it turns on again?

thepiecesfit

As in, the amp LED is on after you stop playing music/sound and then within 20 minutes the LED turns off? But as soon as a signal is present it turns on again?

Yep the unit goes from green to amber (standby) and you can hear the amps click off. When audio is starts to play again the green light is up and the amps click back on.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yep the unit goes from green to amber (standby) and you can hear the amps click off. When audio is starts to play again the green light is up and the amps click back on.
For one of my amps? I only use Blue LED for the front On/Off indicator.

thepiecesfit

For one of my amps? I only use Blue LED for the front On/Off indicator.

Oh no, that was next to my Outlaw. Didn't mean to cause confusion. Was just wondering if the trigger was needed to bring the unit into standby which looks like it is.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

I don't believe any of the Hypex modules have any sort of auto-on sensing circuit. Personally I have always used the trigger input as I have found auto-on unreliable over the years (and over a variety of products).

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Oh no, that was next to my Outlaw. Didn't mean to cause confusion. Was just wondering if the trigger was needed to bring the unit into standby which looks like it is.
Ohhh, I see now. I read "present amp" as in the one I sent you. Got it now.
Yes, you need a 12v trigger for the Hypex amps (at least mine). No auto sensing feature.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
First Rackmount build done!

Attachments

• 20210226_190449.jpg
    20210226_190449.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 229
  • 20210226_190504.jpg
    20210226_190504.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 20210226_190519.jpg
    20210226_190519.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 229

TommyCock

Ok.this may sound stupid, but how does one look up Buckeye Amp offerings. I live in Dayton, Ohio and I find it really cool that there is a local hi-fi manufacturer. Im new to this Audiophile hobby and have purchased a few amps and other " gadgets" to tinker. Im kind of a DIY guy and built an OB set with Audio Nirvana full range speakers and Rythmik 12 inch direct servo subs. Im wanting an amp that has plenty of power and can be built upon.Im currently running an XTZ -300 for highs. It sounds good..but .
Lol I want more. Apologies for the rant.
Thanks
Tom

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok.this may sound stupid, but how does one look up Buckeye Amp offerings. I live in Dayton, Ohio and I find it really cool that there is a local hi-fi manufacturer. Im new to this Audiophile hobby and have purchased a few amps and other " gadgets" to tinker. Im kind of a DIY guy and built an OB set with Audio Nirvana full range speakers and Rythmik 12 inch direct servo subs. Im wanting an amp that has plenty of power and can be built upon.Im currently running an XTZ -300 for highs. It sounds good..but .
Lol I want more. Apologies for the rant.
Thanks
Tom
See first post on this thread and send him an email?

TommyCock

Thats great will you be offering a 2 channel version by chance. I would like to spank some friends hoity toity buttocks who only think Theta and PS Audio make quality class D amps.Plus, I really think its great your from Ohio.
Thanks
Tom

Top Bottom