• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
@Matias that's a thread idea for you, if you'd like.

Simply comparing Hypex and Purify technology, I mean.

None of the other technologies.

I can assist with the creation of Google Sheets, if needed.

Just a thought...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll think about it. What to compare, how to present, what is considered poor, average, good and excellent etc.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, I am new here I am going to be buying the PURIFI 1ET400A 3-Channel and trying to figure out which cables I need. My receiver only has RCA so I am looking at these cables: https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/balancedaudio/balanced-to-unbalanced-cables.htm but I cant tell which connector I need.

I don't know if they include a wiring diagram, and how their price compared to Monoprice's, that does include the wiring diagram that looks correct based on Hypex's recommendation. I have used Monoprice's and know they worked well, i.e. no audible ground loop hum, no hiss either.

For $11 each, the Monoprice ones are safe bet.

51brE3KiysL._SL1200_.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
For $11 each, the Monoprice ones are safe bet.
Agreed, but for my money I buy them direct from Monoprice.
The juggernaut Amazon doesn't need a cut of my cash. ;)

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Agreed, but for my money I buy them direct from Monoprice.
The juggernaut Amazon doesn't need a cut of my cash. ;)
I did try to link Monoprice but the wiring diagram there would not work for some reason. It's there but remained tiny when clicked on.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Actually, that's the one brand Dylan suggested staying away from for RCA/XLR cables in the past. I guess they can introduce some noise.
There was a run of bad ones at one time it seems, based on a wide survey of owners over a couple of years. I believe they are good to be used again for a while now.

rvsixer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually, that's the one brand Dylan suggested staying away from for RCA/XLR cables in the past. I guess they can introduce some noise.
This. Per Monoprice website they still have pin 1 of the XLR connected to sleeve via pin 3, which is not the recommended Hypex configuration. All explained in the Hypex Legacy Pin 1 problem document referenced several times in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom