• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Buckeye 6 Channel Amplifier Review

Buckeye Amps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Manufacturer
Forum Donor
Great are thinking to stay in academia or go in Industry! So Audio is a hobby then
Industry for sure. Yea, audio has been a hobby of mine for over ten years and just last summer I put together my own Hypex amps and figured I could do it for a business to help get more access to Hypex here in the US

NoSnakeOil2

Just wanted to say that my I've greatly enjoyed my purchase from Buckeye Amps. Quick response, clear and responsive communication, and great work at more than fair prices. I hope to buy more Buckeye products in the future.

iraweiss

Amir, did you do a sensitivity measurement? How much voltage does it take to drive one of these amps to full power?

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amir, did you do a sensitivity measurement? How much voltage does it take to drive one of these amps to full power?
The measured gain was about 25.7 dB. Converting into a ratio, it is 19.28 X (= 10^(25.7/20)).

With a 4 ohm load, the max power is 224 W. Converting to output voltage, it is 29.9 Vrms (= sqrt(4*224)).

Therefore, the input voltage required to drive to full power is 29.9 / 19.28 = 1.55 Vrms.

Buckeye Amplifier 3XNC252MP Measurements.png

Descartes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks for doing this review. I am considering HypeX Ncore 502MP vs 252MP.

Advice sought: My system:

I currently have 7.2.4 system primarily used for multichannel music listening (SACD, DVD Audio, Blu-ray Audio, R2R etc)…….My 5 main B&Ws are all rated between 500W, 250W & 200W (fronts, centre & sides). My rear pair & 4 ceilings are rated 150W. (Actually all these ‘ratings’ are recommended amplifier power).

The question is: Should I get a NC502 or NC252 Ncore amplifiers?

Edit: The room:
IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

Very nice I used to have a very similar set up!
What is the brand of your leather chairs they look very comfortable

AudioKC

Hi There,

Just wanted to share my subjective opinion about that amp. Got it a week ago.

It is a great amp, I had previously a different ~120W into 8ohms Class-D AMP with SINAD below -90db (with volume control, unbalanced).

This Buckeye amp is a clear winner if compare with my old Class-D. The stereo picture and linearity of frequency response are awesome (probably due to balanced design, and lack of volume control), the bass is crisp and controlled, no Class-D problem with high frequency under load (per my ear, did not measure it). Clean sound, great sound stage/stereo effect (in my room).

I paired my 2 channel 252MP with Topping E50, Sony SS-CS5 (with Eq, with sub it is great speakers, according to the rating), and SVS Pro Sub. Topping E50 is such a great DAC for that AMP so, if you can afford it, highly recommend it.

It is end-game AMP for me.

Top Bottom