• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt S300 mkII and recommended amp?

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi, for that last past 10 years I had some energy C-Serie bookshelf speakers, I saved some money and I ordered the S300 mk2.
I used a peachtree music box for some 9 years now, but the volume potentiometer is dying (it works if it is fixed in 1 position), is not a standard one so ordering one from the US is a hassle.
I will use the peachtree as DAC/pre amp on the other hand, I have sonos connect for multiroom and CD player hooked in.

I have as alterantives amps that I am looking at, XtZ edge 300, Emotiva Bas A-100 (I can buy this as 2nd hand almost new for 300 Euros, and I have that one now as a loan and it sounds good to me), and was listening to the owner of Buchardt and he mentioned Hollographic Audio and Primare (expensive) as good match for their speakers.
My room is the issue so I dont think putting expensive gear wil help anyway 6(wider side)x5m.

Around 1500Euros as price and because of the size of my room I cant listen to high volumes.

Anyone having the S300 mk2 and happy with some amp that can recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Last edited:

RBJ

Hi, for that last past 10 years I had some energy C-Serie bookshelf speakers, I saved some money and I ordered the S300 mk2.
I used a peachtree music box for some 9 years now, but the volume potentiometer is dying (it works if it is fixed in 1 position), is not a standard one so ordering one from the US is a hassle.
I will use the peachtree as DAC/pre amp on the other hand, I have sonos connect for multiroom and CD player hooked in.

I have as alterantives amps that I am looking at, XtZ edge 300, Emotiva Bas A-100 (I can buy this as 2nd hand almost new for 300 Euros, and I have that one now as a loan and it sounds good to me), and was listening to the owner of Buchardt and he mentioned Hollographic Audio and Primare (expensive) as good match for their speakers.
My room is the issue so I dont think putting expensive gear wil help anyway 6(wider side)x5m.

Around 1500Euros as price and because of the size of my room I cant listen to high volumes.

Anyone having the S300 mk2 and happy with some amp that can recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info!
I'm powering my s300s with a Naim Supernait 3. Though only rated at 80 watts into 8 ohms, it provides plenty of power and sounds terrific.

Top Bottom