• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt and Purifi A500 Signature Edition

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently there is something in the works for a new speaker line Buchardt is working on.
"Buchardt Audio are also very proud to announce a cooperation with the Danish transducer company, Purifi. We can't wait to show off a higher-end tier that will include their groundbreaking driver technology! "

firedog

Sounds really interesting. Buchardt using Purifi transducers (and Purifi amps?) should be a great speaker.

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds really interesting. Buchardt using Purifi transducers (and Purifi amps?) should be a great speaker.
Dont think there was any mention of their amps, just the transducers

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interested in seeing what they'll bring out. There is also a new Buchart hub coming with allows for subwoofer integrations (I presume with their room correction as well). I've emailed them for some more info.
If you are new to Buchardt i would temper back your expectations. Not only about what it will do but most importantly about when. Over promise and under deliver has been their MO. Just sayin

Rizzle

If you are new to Buchardt i would temper back your expectations. Not only about what it will do but most importantly about when. Over promise and under deliver has been their MO. Just sayin
Thanks for the heads up, I figured it can take a while after hearing that the A300 would release soon in I think January :p. But I'm in no rush, no upgrades planned for at least the next 6 months. House first, audio later.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I hope they will pay more attention to the enclosure this time. Had the S400 for a week and returned them. I found them to be sounding slightly colored at higher than average levels and I think some of that was due to the mostly undamped (Yes, I took a look inside...) and resonating enclosure.

But nevertheless I am curious...

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the heads up, I figured it can take a while after hearing that the A300 would release soon in I think January :p. But I'm in no rush, no upgrades planned for at least the next 6 months. House first, audio later.
Like all great marketers, they may have said January, but the never stated which year so, by default, they are still on target :)

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope they will pay more attention to the enclosure this time. Had the S400 for a week and returned them. I found them to be sounding slightly colored at higher than average levels and I think some of that was due to the mostly undamped (Yes, I took a look inside...) and resonating enclosure.

Do you have a picture of how you set them up? Did you point them directly at you or straight ahead?

Wicky

Buchardt have previously indicated that their active speakers were intended to upgradable so it will be interesting to see if they offer purifi modules as a future option for owners of the A500/700. Agree with mulshead though, I won't be holding my breath waiting.

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buchardt have previously indicated that their active speakers were intended to upgradable so it will be interesting to see if they offer purifi modules as a future option for owners of the A500/700. Agree with mulshead though, I won't be holding my breath waiting.
I dont know the answer but i got the feeling (not acceptable on an objectivist site, i know) that they will be available for current owners.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Do you have a picture of how you set them up? Did you point them directly at you or straight ahead?
I tried everything from pointing them at me to set them parallel to each other and ended up toeing them half way in. Everything has changed since then (new electronics, speakers an furniture) so no comments on insufficient sources or amps please ;):

IMG_20190914_143947.jpg

PKAWA

The A500 are different internally
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/3-jpg.118519/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/s400-inside2_crop-jpg.60277/

samysound

I wonder if they are using two active purifi drivers or a one active driver with passive radiators?

Top Bottom