• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt active speakers and Jriver - no longer working after upgrade

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are there any A500 owners using their system (wisa hub) with jriver?
I upgraded from v26 of jriver (to v27 and eventually v28) last week and it no longer works with the Buchardt wisa hub. In case there are other systems using the wisa hub, this could affect them. Unfortunately jriver's software logs and their support for questions around a new release's potential bugs have been useless. They point the finger at wisa. That could be, the fact is i have no way of knowing who is at fault or where to find a fix.

While the hub shows up in jriver as a dlna renderer in the new version, any attempts at streaming to it dont work (blocked?). Using the prior v26 worked and still does. If i want to listen to the a500s i have to open the older version of jriver and renders the new version useless.
One thing i tried was tp put a raspberry pi in front of the hub. I used the usb out from the pi into the wisa hub and found that v28 works (ability to stream) with no problem (other than no volume control LOL).

I would love to hear if any others have tried the upgrade and can confirm this problem. If your experience is different, please respond as i would love to discover what i am doing wrong since I am clearly not going to get help from jriver. If not and you are considering upgrading, i would caution anyone using jriver to NOT pay for the upgrade and download v28 as a trial only to test it first before you plop down (and waste) your money.

Top Bottom