• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt A700 Active Tower Speaker Review (by Erin)

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great review, Erin. Seems like this speaker and the Kef LS 60 Wireless get very close to a full on end game purchase at a much lower price than the previous generation (D&D 8c, Kii 3) of these kind of speakers. Now if someone could just get their hands on a pair of GGNTKT M1s....

OP
S

sajgre

Great review, Erin. Seems like this speaker and the Kef LS 60 Wireless get very close to a full on end game purchase at a much lower price than the previous generation (D&D 8c, Kii 3) of these kind of speakers. Now if someone could just get their hands on a pair of GGNTKT M1s....
I actually had 8c with A700 at home for one week and I came to the same conclusion. I kept A700 and have been enjoying them immensely for the past year.

nick-v

They look excellent. The first thing that came to my mind as well was the direct comparison to the KEF LS60.

MKR

Major Contributor
Even better, I am working to get my hands on a pair of GGNTKT M3s (well, to audition them anyway) ;)

Behrend

Forum Donor
Did anyone else noticed, that the specs say 17-40kHz (+-1,5dB) and the measurements only go from 53-16kHz (+-6dB) in Neutral? „Cardiod with more bass“ is not much better in bass…

Last edited:

Laagman

I actually had 8c with A700 at home for one week and I came to the same conclusion. I kept A700 and have been enjoying them immensely for the past year.
Sorry to revive this old thread. But I was wondering: what are your experiences with the A700? Do you still got it and why did you decide to ditch the 8c for them?

OP
S

sajgre

I still have A700 and I enjoy them a lot, I have absolutely no desire to replace them. I ordered 2 subs from Buchard because I have a dip in 40hz region.
I didn't own 8c, I just got opportunity to compare them for 1 week and I couldn't justify keeping 8c... in my room and for my ears (and my friends) A700 were just as great. For someone else 8c might be much better speaker, they are amazing.

Laagman

I still have A700 and I enjoy them a lot, I have absolutely no desire to replace them. I ordered 2 subs from Buchard because I have a dip in 40hz region.
I didn't own 8c, I just got opportunity to compare them for 1 week and I couldn't justify keeping 8c... in my room and for my ears (and my friends) A700 were just as great. For someone else 8c might be much better speaker, they are amazing.
Thanks for your reply. Nice to hear that you are still enjoying the A700.

Did you try the cardioid tuning with the A700?

OP
S

sajgre

No, I haven't, I need all the bass they can produce and cardioid tuning limits that

kma100

Forum Donor
The subs are WiSA enabled so should make placement easier.

"This subwoofer also carries WiSA for wireless use with our active speakers, as well as your standard wired connections for passive systems. It has Bluetooth for app-controlled DSP functions like Room Correction, Manual EQ, variable LLE slider, and more."

Top Bottom