• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BRZHIFI X21 : a new TPA3255 amplifier ?

Papaya_X

Hello everyone !

I was planning to buy a new class D amplifier for my new Cabasse Antigua MT32.

I looked for something relatively low priced and I ended up choosing these options :
- NAD D3020 V2 (seems to be less interesting than the SMSL)
- SMSL AO200
- TPA3255 based boards (such as the Aiyma A07 or A08)

And I found this amplifier from BRZHIFI which I couldn't find any information on this forum or others audiophiles forum.

The BRZHIFI X21 packs :
- 2* TPA3255
- stereo 150W*2 + Bass 300w at 4Ohms
- Bluetooth 5.0 (QCC5125) --> AptX HD/adaptative and LDAC (!)
- 2* JRX 5532DD OPamp
- TDA7419 DSP
- ES9018K2M Audio decoder
- Built in power supply (no information yet on the Voltage and Ampere values)
- USB-in
- Opt-in
- Coaxial-in
- a little LED display + remote control
- signal to noise ratio : 111dB
- Distortion 0.003%

I would really enjoy hearing from any members who know this unit ? Would it be worth looking at it against the Aiyma A08 ? Or what would you consider ?

Papaya

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello everyone !

I was planning to buy a new class D amplifier for my new Cabasse Antigua MT32.

The BRZHIFI X21 packs :

I would really enjoy hearing from any members who know this unit ? Would it be worth looking at it against the Aiyma A08 ? Or what would you consider ?

Papaya
I've seen it on Ali. it is a whole package. It's not on Amazon - otherwise I would have tried it.
There is another highly integrated new unknown offering - Summer DA 1202. Check it out. Has VU meters! :)
I would wait for any real measurements.
Get A07 or PA5 if u need to buy something. A08 does not get good rap in forums.

OP
P

Papaya_X

I've seen it on Ali. it is a whole package. It's not on Amazon - otherwise I would have tried it.
There is another highly integrated new unknown offering - Summer DA 1202. Check it out. Has VU meters! :)
I would wait for any real measurements.
Get A07 or PA5 if u need to buy something. A08 does not get good rap in forums.
Thanks bravomail ! Indeed I talked with interesting people here and they advised me the Sabaj A20a or Topping PA5.
I wanted to go with the PA5 at the end, but I already ordered the A20 stacks and canno't return it without penalty to hifi-express... So I will stick with that for now and I think as soon as Topping release their PAx with more power I will take that.

Btw, I don't recommend hifi-express for specific reasons : they are extremely slow to answer to mail, the live chat isn't live at all and to return an item it's extremly painfull (you have to send it to china even you got it through Amazoen Logistics) and they will still maybe partially refunding half of your order...

Next time I will go for Topping, hands down. (I'm sad)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That TDA is not a DSP. It is a signal processor with digital control, but the signal processing itself is fully analog. Distortion is speced at .01 to .1%, so not very good. At least SNR is 100 dB.

Last edited:

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
For that TPA3255 to generate anywhere close to 150W (at 8 ohms) in stereo, it would need at least 50 volts from that tiny switching power supply. Something doesn't add up... I wouldn't recommend it.

lewdish

That TDA is not a DSP. It is a signal processor with digital control, but the signal processing itself is fully analog. Distortion is speced at .01 to .1%, so not very good. At least SNR is 100 dB.
According to TI's site if the TPA3255 is implemented properly you should potentially be able to get the following
1651639691660.png

Loathecliff

Top Bottom